ravine and carter river

Radrunner

Was trying yo get from mystery lake to costal highway... ended out falling off a cliff and dying in the ravine. I remember there used to be a huge train bridge which now seems to be gone... so how do I move areas?

Also accessed carter river from the dam, though this seems a one way trip... so where does it go?

There still is a huge train bridge on the other side of the ravine. Look around, there's a way to cross it.

It's not a one way trip. Look around and you'll see. Also, it goes somewhere but not to Coastal Highway.

Welcome to the forums! :)

I had the same problem as you did.

Upon exitin the door look left. You will notice there is enough of a lip to the dam wall for you to hug it and cros to the other side where there is a way back into carter dam.

I looked over there yesterday but didn't see it. I'll look again when I get home. I imagine I will feel rather silly once I find it. :oops:

Be careful, one time i slipped and fell when i tried to cross to the other side, so panic i hit the "Esc" button, then reload the game, feel so cheap when cheating like that but that save me. I think that time i almost have a heart attack.

Be careful, one time i slipped and fell when i tried to cross to the other side, so panic i hit the "Esc" button, then reload the game, feel so cheap when cheating like that but that save me. I think that time i almost have a heart attack.

FOR SHAME! :o

Been there done that. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It was only a couple of days ago I realised you could get through the dam and onto the lake side. I too got stuck on that side for about 3 game days trying to figure a way back.

It seems obvious now but it had me puzzled for a while but a puzzle I enjoyed trying to work out. Thumbs up from me! :D

Is Carter River a one-way trip? I remember coming out the door to the dam and realizing the door wouldn't open from my side. I was rather ..... "upset", if you catch my drift.

One way out, but another way back into the dam from that side ;)

Damn, I searched everywhere, crossed the dam several times but was unable to get back :?. In the end I walked through the caves and found myself in Pleasant Valley.

IMHO having a one-way doors like this isn't fair :(.

Damn, I searched everywhere, crossed the dam several times but was unable to get back :?. In the end I walked through the caves and found myself in Pleasant Valley.

It's not unfair, there is another way back in... That's part of the puzzle aspect of the transition area (like finding the solution of crossing the ravine in the other transition).

You haven't searched "everywhere"...

Hint:

[spoil]look all around the knocked down fence near where you came out the door... across on the far side is another area much like the one you're standing on. If you're not afraid of heights, you might just find a way across there.[/spoil]

So I am in a similar boat, however once I crossed the ledge (if you know what I mean) i camped out for 2 days trying to figure out how to access the hydro plant... then I figured out you just needed to click the opening to use it... boy did I feel stupid! After that I had access to the entire plant. I really like how the devs made traversing TLD almost like a puzzle

Hint:

[spoil]look all around the knocked down fence near where you came out the door... across on the far side is another area much like the one you're standing on. If you're not afraid of heights, you might just find a way across there.[/spoil]

Thanks! Finally found it lol. I was on the far side, but didn't notice it back then.

Hint:

Thanks! Finally found it lol. I was on the far side, but didn't notice it back then.

Wish I had found the reentry on that relevant play-through. Lost access to my curing items and died mysteriously in my sleep just shy of the 10 day mark after that happened.

Archived