No saplings loading on old saves, v.235

dasrunt

Hello, we've had a bit of discussion about being unable to find saplings groves anywhere. It might be affecting people with older saves, as loading new games seems to solve the issue.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5376

Apologies in advance if this is not quite enough to classify as a bug, but I thought maybe I should put this on the radar and that if it is a bug, it's something that can be addressed without ditching my current save. Thanks!

Similar results here. Now I understand that saplings are not meant to be common, but I am curious if there is a guarantee that there is at least one sapling in the Ravine Transition Zone between Mystery Lake and The Coastal Highway. This zone is manageable to explore FULLY and I have found no saplings in any area of that map. I explored it systematically to make sure I was not missing anything. I have spent hours going to the lesser traveled areas of ML, PV and the ML-PV zone and have not seen nary a one, birch or maple.

I don't want to assume its a bug and I may just be missing a rare spawn, but after 8 hours in game exploring on three zones, I am beginning to suspect bug.

Thanks.

Archived