Mac user - audio loads but no video

agile

When opening the game from Steam I get a dark screen with audio only (*I can hear the wind and the occasional wolf howl!). It's not exactly a gamer's system I'm trying to run it off (a Macbook), so that might be the problem. Any assistance troubleshooting this one would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

A

MacBook Pro, 13-inch early 2011

2.3 GHz intel Core i5

4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks

Those Specs should be more than enough to run the game without any issues.(If you are running it on a MBA Dave I'm sure this is something else)( What is Raph running ??))

Try repairing your Disk Permissions, restart your MBP and do as suggested above, and come back and give us the low down.

Also goto System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy and click on Accessibility in the left column and then allow Steam Access to your computer in the window on the right (you may have to click the lock and put your Admin password in)

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I repaired disk permissions and set steam accessibility permissions, still no luck. It's odd that there's absolutely no video response. No ability to set in-game graphics settings. The Macbook is also heating up quite a bit and hard drive kicks in once I try to launch. Is this perhaps a memory issue?

Might have also got a corrupt install try un-installing and re-installing if you already haven't

I just uninstalled and re-installed the game, still with no luck. Even the icon for TLD in my steam library is blank grey. I downloaded another 3D game (Only If), and I had no problems graphically. any other suggestions guys?

Guest Alan Lawrance

Just to double check -- if you move the mouse/trackpad around do you see the main menu interface appear?

Restart your Mac. Start off a new game and do everything you have to to try and play. When it gets to the point that you can't play, quit out of TLD (NOT Steam) and do as I have outlined below.

Open Spotlight, type in Console and open the App. In the left column look for Files and under that ~/Library/Logs. click the Little Triangle to expand that section, and scroll until you see Unity. click that to expand and see Player.log and click on that.

Now go to the Menu Bar when in the Console App to Console>File>Save Copy as and save it to your Desktop, then using the Upload Attachment feature in the Full Editor of this Forum, Attach the Player.log so the Boffins can go through it and see if they can root out the problem.

56ce0a237c61f_ScreenShot2014-07-26at13.0

no Alan, nothing appears when the cursor is moved around. most times it's just a grey screen with audio, a couple of times it there were colours with enough for me to make out a cabin on the right hand side.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived