The addition of bows...

spiritforged

So with the most recent update pushed out, we get the addition of bows and arrows. My questions is, where do we find these saplings used to craft them? I have been mostly around the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse and so I have a lot of area to look, but in my exploring thus far (which has included about 1/3 of PV, a lot of ML, and the transition area between) I have not found any saplings! Am I missing them, are they hiding in plain sight to me, or are they just not in those areas? Does anybody know or has anyone found them yet?

I don't know about Pleasant Valley but I've found a few saplings around Mystery Lake. Mostly down near the damn and by the trappers homestead but I know there's a few other spots they can be found but I can't remember them off the top of my head, just look far and wide and I'm sure you will come across some.

...just look far and wide and I'm sure you will come across some.
Can you give a brief description of what they even look like? I have a feeling that I am completely overlooking them. The update is so new that I cant find images on google.

...just look far and wide and I'm sure you will come across some.
Can you give a brief description of what they even look like? I have a feeling that I am completely overlooking them. The update is so new that I cant find images on google.

They more or less look like tiny trees, the birch saplings (needed for arrow shafts) generally grow in clusters of 5 or so while the Maple saplings (needed for the bow) grow in groups of two or three. They seem to be a bit taller than the reeds in the game but at a distance they seem to be a bit difficult to distinguish.

Hey bud I'm pretty much convinced that they are ONLY on the mystery lake map. I scoured coastal highway like you are in pleasant valley and couldn't find a one. I looked everywhere too. Since I've moved to the mystery lake map I've found several of both saplings and pretty quickly too. Good news for you though there's now a passage from pleasant valley directly to mystery lake.

Hey bud I'm pretty much convinced that they are ONLY on the mystery lake map.

After a good amount of exploration, I did find a small amount of them in PV. They were quite hard to find, either from me missing them or just bad luck on their spawns, but they were there.

Archived