Additional non-structure interiors

we already can enter cars, but they still feel like an extension of the outside.

I would vans and large boats to be added in appropriate location, which can be entered, having a small interior in which you can stay. For example, you could find a farriers van with extensive equipment and workbenches, possibly even a small furnace (in which you could light a small fire). Or you could find an old fashioned camper van with a solid fuel stove.

Large boats would be great places to fish from and find shelter inside their cabins. Due to the unreliability of electricity on the water, some older yachts and large fishing vessels still have small wood/coal/gas burning stoves on board to keep the crew warm. This would be especially appropriate given Canada's notoriety of being almost immorally cold.

Such vehicles should have randomized chances of appearing in various pre-set locations, but it would a lot more explanatory than there being so few vehicles on the road, given the size of some of the nearby population centres.

In conclusion, I would also like to see the ability of bashing wolves with a car door when you exit (and they are within range) to stun them. This would give the player enough time to either run away or kill the wolf before it has time to recover from the the blow.

• 1 month later...
we already can enter cars, but they still feel like an extension of the outside.

I would vans and large boats to be added in appropriate location, which can be entered, having a small interior in which you can stay. For example, you could find a farriers van with extensive equipment and workbenches, possibly even a small furnace (in which you could light a small fire). Or you could find an old fashioned camper van with a solid fuel stove.

Large boats would be great places to fish from and find shelter inside their cabins. Due to the unreliability of electricity on the water, some older yachts and large fishing vessels still have small wood/coal/gas burning stoves on board to keep the crew warm. This would be especially appropriate given Canada's notoriety of being almost immorally cold.

Such vehicles should have randomized chances of appearing in various pre-set locations, but it would a lot more explanatory than there being so few vehicles on the road, given the size of some of the nearby population centres.

In conclusion, I would also like to see the ability of bashing wolves with a car door when you exit (and they are within range) to stun them. This would give the player enough time to either run away or kill the wolf before it has time to recover from the the blow.

+1.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 I support this notion!

I think we already have this in the form that wolves get scared and run away if you exit a car close to them, but it's been a while since I've seen it happen so it might've been "fixed".

Archived