#1177 [solved] - Black Screen When Exiting Building

ace91194

i went into fishing cabin D in coastal highway. i went in encombered and tried leaving but as i walked out the door screen went black but i had sound just couldn't move. checked integrity but it was ok. Restarted computer and that didn't help, even tried drop a bunch of gear inside the cabin and slept but it still wouldn't reload the outside and let me continue playing here is the output log, using win.8.1 with amd fx8320 cpu and sapphire hd 7950 gpu. Also i started a fresh game after the update but not after the hotfix.

output_log.txt

Hi,

I have been playing pretty consistently over the past few days and only just ran into this issue. I entered the Fishing Cabin in the Mystery Lake map, and seeing that I had already looted it previously, I went to leave.

The game went through the normal loading screen, and then was just black. My character was saying some of the dialogues for the encumbered status, ex. "I can't carry this anymore". I was not encumbered before leaving the cabin, (58/66lbs) and had no afflictions. I have tried eating/drinking/sleeping before leaving the cabin but always get the same result: the black screen and character complaining about carrying too much. I cannot TAB into the UI or ESC into game options.

I have been playing consistently over the past few days and have only just run into this issue. Clearly in this save, I had previously entered the Fishing Cabin so it doesn't seem to be a bug with the building.

Thanks.

The devs will need a lot more detail if they're to try replicating the issue. F8 screenshot of your stat menu and inventory menu might help so they can verify what you're seeing (or video), your debug file so they can check if there's a setting preventing action activation, your game save file might help since then they could start exactly where you say you're locked in...

Also you never mentioned which version you're playing, and whether it's from a fresh run since the update, or using a save game file from the previous version.

The more details you can provide, the faster the devs may be able to get your game running fully again.

It's hard to tell which cabin you got stuck in (one of the fishing huts, the camp office, or a specific cabin)...

The devs will need a lot more detail if they're to try replicating the issue. F8 screenshot of your stat menu and inventory menu might help so they can verify what you're seeing (or video), your debug file so they can check if there's a setting preventing action activation, your game save file might help since then they could start exactly where you say you're locked in...

Also you never mentioned which version you're playing, and whether it's from a fresh run since the update, or using a save game file from the previous version.

The more details you can provide, the faster the devs may be able to get your game running fully again.

Sounds similar to the same issue at: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5356

It's the "Fishing Cabin" that's hidden away in the woods near the Trapper's Homestead. It's hard to describe where it is because it's not a very interesting or prominent location. When it loads into the cabin it just says "Fishing Cabin".

It happened both before and after the most recent update, which came out while I was playing (v.235). I experienced the error, then updated the game using Steam to see if perhaps it would change anything. The original save file was from v.234.

My Stats:

2v0iwid.jpg

My Inventory:

f1jjix.jpg

Debug file attached.

output_log.txt

First time ever the game freezes for me. Last time I played was v228, now it's v235 (PC, Win 8.1). Exited the house on Jackrabbit Island, got a graphical glitch, and the game froze. Had to shut it down via windows.

EDIT: Bug reproduces. I took screenshots using F12, but they do not show the glitch. Tried leaving through the other door. Game froze again, this time without showing the glitch. Seems I can't play.

I've been playing for a while and I am sure loving it.

But I just came across a very odd situation.

After I did the daily basis " Taking care of myself "

I dropped some hide, guts and branches to cure in a cabin.

- The cabin was located near Unnamed pond and it had a tiny broken cabin next to it.

So the moment I went out with 33 kilo's of stuff in my bag the screen turned black.

My character kept saying the bag was too heavy, he can't move, too many I carry.

But.. only just had 3 kilo's too much.

I could not go into my inventory, nor menu I had to force close my game in order for it to work.

Anyone experienced this too?

Another thing after I restarted the game.. I actually can't leave this cabin anymore :C because it keeps doing the same thing so it's.. quite a big of a deal

ps: I had something new today as well.

this crash report after staying in that screen for a longer time.

e063bc7acd.png

I got the same problem. Every time I leave the house the screen turns blank and the character complains about too much stuff he is carrying.

notes:

I made the trapper's homestead as a base.

I keep all my items inside.

I slept for 24 hours before to "cure" the pelts.

I've been playing for a while and I am sure loving it.

But I just came across a very odd situation.

After I did the daily basis " Taking care of myself "

I dropped some hide, guts and branches to cure in a cabin.

- The cabin was located near Unnamed pond and it had a tiny broken cabin next to it.

So the moment I went out with 33 kilo's of stuff in my bag the screen turned black.

My character kept saying the bag was too heavy, he can't move, too many I carry.

But.. only just had 3 kilo's too much.

I could not go into my inventory, nor menu I had to force close my game in order for it to work.

Anyone experienced this too?

Another thing after I restarted the game.. I actually can't leave this cabin anymore :C because it keeps doing the same thing so it's.. quite a big of a deal

ps: I had something new today as well.

this crash report after staying in that screen for a longer time.

e063bc7acd.png

How long did you wait before it gave you the error message. I can see if I get the same thing.

Guest mcopeman

Have you tried loading the game since the hotfix? Before the hotfix we had people loading off the map and it sounds like that's what happened to you.

Melody~

I have almost an identical bug, except it's happening with a Coastal Highway Fishing Cabin.

Same thing. If I exit the cabin, I get a black screen, some music and my character telling me that she's encumbered. The save file is stuck in the cabin.

I hope this gets fixed soon, as I'm enjoying the game quite a lot.

Will try and post screens soon.

I was running in .234 when the error happened. I don't remember if i tried the .235 hotfix or not but after watching some of LMG's stream that he was having issues finding maple saplings, another issue i was having. The only way he was able to get maple saplings was to uninstall TlD and do a fresh install. I did that too, and found the maple sapling, of course that doesnt help with my other issue of then being stuck in the house. I did venture back to the cabin and go in while overloaded, and I was able leave so either the 235 hotfix worked or a fresh install of the game helped. I am sorry that it wasn't very helpful but after the big update all i wanted to do was to play, after being being at work for 7 hours and not getting a reply on the forum, I didnt want to wait any longer so I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

Running on Mac OS Yosemite

Running on the current update.

I've been able to play the game for the last two days without a bug or glitch, but when I started the game up this time, and dropped of my saplings to cure, and then tried to go back outside, the screen goes black and the character complains of a heavy backpack. I am able to recreate it, as I have done so 3 times. The house I'm trying to exit is a house in Coastal Highway. The green one with the canadian flag behind the blue house with the dog house outside, in the townsite. I don't know if this is a known bug or not, I just came straight to the forums after my second attempt to leave the house.

I've had the exact same bug, but under PC version 234.

I was trying to exit the Trapper's homestead, after dropping five saplings, some hides and some guts to air cure. The screen went black, the character complained of a heavy backpack, and I didn't appear to be able to move around (e.g. fall off of the cliff) or open up any menu screens, although the background ambiance sounds were still playing.

Reloading didn't help, nor did ensuring that I wasn't encumbered before leaving the house. Nor did sleeping for a few days in case it something in the outside environment. I didn't think of picking the saplings up and trying again. I just started a new game, thinking it was a corrupted save. Omgxamanda, does picking the saplings up enable you to leave the house?

I will try that now, thank you for your feedback!! I'll update this post when I try!

Update: No beans. It still happened. I think it might just be a random bug. I don't really want to do a new save, I'll try to stick it out for a patch.

Archived