v234 PC-Cannot repair clothing

Hi,

I just downloaded the PC update v234 tonight, FYI looks AMAZING, but unfortunately I can't repair my clothing. I can repair my sleeping bag and other stuff but not the clothing, even though I have sewing kits and lots of cloth:(

If I can provide more information please let me know, but I don't know where to look on the game.

Thanks,

S

I am also have this issue. I can not repair anything even if I have required materials. I can not fix my boots nor my hatchet. I have proceeded to test out other object to repair. I know I can not repair the crafted stuff because of all my hides are now considered green

There seems to be a general problem with items that you possess are not being recognized by the game anymore in v.235. E.g. after your flare burnt out, you can no longer equip it via the UI. Only after you drop it, pick it up again, and while the pick-up window is still shown equip it directly using spacebar you can weild it again and try to scare of a wolf with a burnt out flare...

Guest mcopeman

Being unable to repair clothing is a duplicate. It should have been corrected in the hotfix. Are you still having issues with repair?

As for the flare that sounds like a septate issue. I'll look into it. Thanks everyone!

Melody~

I'm unable to repair my Bear Skin Bedroll. I have the materials and tools but when I click REPAIR, it just makes the clunk sound and nothing can be done.

I am however able to repair clothing. It's just the bedroll at this point that's giving me problems.

Hi. A quick 'fix' for your problem:

The toolbox and sewing kit seem to be mutually exclusive - so if you're carrying both, you can only use one. You can fix your bedroll because that uses simple tools, not the sewing kit. So in order to repair your clothes you have to drop all of your toolboxes. Then go back into the repair screen, and repair should be an option again.

If you encounter a problem with fixing things using your toolboxes, then drop all of your sewing kits (fishing tackle seems to be ok).

Of course, remembering to pick the things up again is another issue entirely :?

Hope that helps!

Turns out I am able to repair the bedroll. I mistakenly thought I needed a sewing kit to repair it, when I actually needed tools. Once I equipped one of my Quality Tools kit, I was able to repair it without issue. Sorry for the false alarm!

I was unable to repair a bedroll under v.236 this morning. The bedroll was found, and I had harvested fabric from the bedroll that was in my inventory when I first started the game to repair this one.

Screenshot of repair message declaring no sewing kits available: LINK

Screenshot of my inventory at the time: LINK

Let me know if this should be posted elsewhere or if you require additional info.

Thanks!

(after reviewing the thread I noted the presence of a toolbox and sewing kits in the inventory can cause this - when I next have an opportunity I'll try dropping the toolbox to attempt the repair again)

Guest mcopeman

I can't seem to reproduce this. Could you please send me your "save001" file? For PC it can be found in C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark

Melody~

V .236

Same thing for me. Can't repair my bedroll.

Sewing kit in inventory. 10 cloth in inventory. No simple/quality tools in inventory. When attempting to repair bedroll, just get a message that sewing kit is required to repair clothing.

Tried dropping bedroll, sewing kit and picking them back up again. No luck.

V .236

Sewing kit in inventory. 10 cloth in inventory. No simple/quality tools in inventory. When attempting to repair bedroll, just get a message that sewing kit is required to repair clothing.

Try to repair it with a Tool Kit, instead of a Sewing Kit. I don't know if that's how they intend it to work, but I was able to repair my Bearskin Bed Roll using a Tool Kit.

I can't seem to reproduce this. Could you please send me your "save001" file? For PC it can be found in C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark

Melody~

Hi Melody,

I sure can. It seems that the save001 folder is too large to attach here, so I just archived the entire ~\Users\(Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\ folder and uploaded it to my web-server. Here is the link.

Download: LINK (edit: link removed as per post # 21)

V .236

Try to repair it with a Tool Kit, instead of a Sewing Kit. I don't know if that's how they intend it to work, but I was able to repair my Bearskin Bed Roll using a Tool Kit.

It's a regular bedroll, not a bearskin bedroll. An no, toolkit doesn't work on it.

I just joined the forum to report the issue I'm having, more or less the same as wyrdsmyth: I can't repair my (non-bearskin) bedroll after harvesting another non-bearskin bedroll. It says I don't have a sewing kit, but I most certainly do. I've tried restarting the game; dropping the sewing kit and picking it up again; tried another brand-new sewing kit. Also tried dropping the simple tools as advised here. Nothing: it keeps saying I have no sewing kit. I can repair clothes normally, no issues there.

I'm getting this problem, where I can't repair anything. It's not because I have both types of tools in my invent, because I tested that and it didn't help. Going to start a new sandbox to see if that fixes the problem.

Archived