Auto run key please.

lanvale

Anyone else like to see an auto run key added? My finger gets tired running around all over the place trying to survive. :cry:

Yes, lots of people would like an "auto-move" key, myself included. That's probably why it's been suggested a couple of times already ;)

In stead of a separate key I would much prefer double tapping the move forward key (W by default) to initiate auto-moving forward. (Other directions are not necessary as far as I'm concerned.) Pressing any key, with the exception of the run key (SHIFT by default) should stop the auto-move.

• 1 month later...

+1 for an auto-move key. Exploration would be SO MUCH MORE relaxing and immersive without having to hold W all the freaking time.

I seriously don't understand why devs haven't already added this feature (it's been suggested at least a few times). It must be one of the easiest things from wishlist to implement, and it doesn't negatively affect people who don't want it (as opposed to things like "make bears more aggressive" or "stop adding new craftable items"). If someone doesn't want it, they won't use it, period. But people like me would IMMENSELY appreciate adding it.

Archived