Multiplayer

ProPanzer

Yes I know now I(Aka Vlad Putin) am talking about this on the forums again after the discussion. I am going to buy the game, yet I would like to know why you guys are not looking towards multiplier. At least inviting a friend to my game of 2 players would be something. The game is off at a good start but it is missing that option. I don't know if you guys are thinking about hackers or how much work it is going to take, but I would like if you guys would take my consideration, it would make the game visited more. Literally 80 of the discussions on steam is asking if this game supports multiplayer. Wouldn't you guys be happy to say yes for the first time?

Two players would still be Multiplayer [even if you mean Co-op game], and the devs have stated from the start that there is no intention of redesigning around Multiplayer or Coop [the game is specifically designed for single player mode].

The game timeshifting does not allow for multiplayer/Coop mechanics. As well, it would also require too many major game changes (including 3rd person views for everything) which are beyond the scope, plans, or budget of the game (as well as time requirements).

Yes they do know what they are doing yet they say, "Multiplayer or co-op will not be introduced." They never said we will be thinking about it. I just want to know if they would consider it. I also do have 2 friends on steam who bought this game before I found it, but they only have about 10 hours, some people get really bored of games that are indie.

...I just want to know if they would consider it....

Let me quote Bill here:

...the devs have stated from the start that there is no intention of redesigning around Multiplayer or Coop [the game is specifically designed for single player mode]...

Translation: no they won't consider adding multiplayer to TLD.

...some people get really bored of games that are indie.

People who get really bored of indie games should stick to non-indie games...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer would pose a lot of problems, whether it be the possibility of pvping or whether coop only. If you can kill or even just hurt eachother (run past someone with wolves chasing you, then enter a car so he/she suddenly has several wolves in between him/her and safety, and close enough to aggro) it means you can ruin other player's experience by killing them without them standing a chance of actually experiencing the survival part. If you make it coop you'd soon get the question why you couldn't carry someone or drag them along when they'd be hurt, or at least help them walk. You could hunt together, which makes things a lot easier, and you could both carry part of the stuff, making it easy to move stuff. Would it be realistic for only one player at a time to be able to harvest a corpse? If not they need to make a good way to determine who gets how much of the loot, and you'd be able to minimize the risk of freezing or getting attacked by harvesting together. If only one would harvest, would he/she have to be frozen for all the time the other player sticks around without doing something that causes the game to pass time faster? Say you kill a bear and start to harvest while the other sits in the house and goes afk temporarily to take care of something. Does that mean your harvesting suddenly takes an hour in real time?

There's lots of issues that would be hard to deal with, and it would only take away from the experience of you being alone trying to survive against nature. One of the problems during solo survival, especially in conditions where you sometimes can't go outside for ages due to the weather, is that you don't have anyone to talk to, don't have anyone to keep you busy, and you therefor risk slowly losing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally that is one reason that i was attracted to this game in the first place. There are not enough good single player games in my humble opinion, Thank you Devs, wherever you are, for the awesome single player game.

Archived