Rifle won't spawn

daliacarin

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes on corpses in the wild. Also I've never found a rifle in costal hiway...try another map if you're real hard up for one. Also look under beds and couches. On top of shelves and bunk beds. I've found rifles in some crazy places.

There are a number of rifle spawn points for Mystery Lake which are easily looked over.

There's... [spoil]under the bridge near the Hydro Carter Dam.[/spoil]

There's... [spoil]behind the furthest fishing cabin at Mystery Lake itself.[/spoil]

There's... [spoil]inside the train carriage at the derailment (use the log to get in there).[/spoil]

There's... [spoil]inside the Hydro Carter Dam, in the large area, next to one of the generators.[/spoil]

Hope this is helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Coastal Highway also has a few spawns.

[spoil]There's one on the Abandoned Lookout[/spoil]

[spoil]One can spawn at a body near Jackrabbit Island[/spoil]

[spoil]Near a body near Misantrophe's Homestead[/spoil]

[spoil]Quonset Gas Station in Coastal Town[/spoil]

[spoil]Rarely found one in Waterfront Cottages[/spoil]

Here's a couple more spawn sites more for Mystery Lake.

[spoil]In the abandoned outlook[/spoil]

[spoil]In the Trappers Cabin[/spoil]

[spoil]Besides a corpse in the Lake Trail behind the Camp Office[/spoil]

[spoil]In the Hunter's blind near Unnamed Pond[/spoil]

• 4 weeks later...

Actually inside the Damn I found the rifle 3 playthroughs (voyageur) under one of the ladders in the generators room (the room with the door that leads to lower part of the dam and exit area to Carter River).

You really need to use a light source inside the dam to check corners / stairs.

• 3 months later...

On my current playthrough, I'm on day 30. Started out in Desolation Point, no rifle there, but I've gotten a bow. Went to Crumbling Highway and then to Coastal Highway, no rifle spawns here either. Just another 20 days to go before I get the "Silent hunter" achievment.

So you don't necessarily need a rifle. Even though I'm not entirely certain how I'm going to kill a bear with the bow :P

Well, i cant belive you didnt find a rifle in CH if you did a thourgh search. I have found at least one every play thru, although some times well after day 20 as it can be difficult to find since there so many places it could spawn, and if only 1 spawns in CH on a start, it can take a while to find it.

I can think of 4 out door locations where it may be found and every house is a canidate. In houses, i have found them leaning next to a stove, leaning on a wardrobe, leaning on tall shelves, under beds and couches, next to a fridge, in a shower and tub, and once i found one laying across the top of the 2 tall shelves at the top of the stairs in the Misenthropes home.

Point is, unless you search every possible nook and cranny, you could easily miss finding the rifle or other important tool. Firestrikers are exceptionally easy to miss due to their small size.

On my current playthrough, I'm on day 30. Started out in Desolation Point, no rifle there, but I've gotten a bow. Went to Crumbling Highway and then to Coastal Highway, no rifle spawns here either. Just another 20 days to go before I get the "Silent hunter" achievment.

So you don't necessarily need a rifle. Even though I'm not entirely certain how I'm going to kill a bear with the bow :P

the only time I killed a bear without getting mauled was with a bow. one arrow and he dropped.

Archived