Animal fights vs. entering a building

I'm playing in v.228.

If you enter a building a split second before an animal attacks you, there's a brief moment of combat, but then you emerge inside the building. Sometimes you have condition damage. You always have clothing damage.

I've noticed this happen twice recently. Once it was a wolf. It attacked right as I clicked the door, I lost 5% condition but emerged inside without doing anything.

I assumed this was by design, seemed pretty reasonable.

Next time it was a bear. I shot it once from outside Quonset Gas Station, it charged me right as I clicked on the door. The long attack video ensued. I thought I was dead. Then I emerged inside the building, 100% condition but a lot of damage to my clothes.

Maybe this was by design also? I would've figured there would be condition damage.

Even if intentional, this appears buggy. I think you should either show up inside the building unharmed, or have to fight the animal. Not a middle ground.

To reproduce, stand outside a building and click the door a split second before you get attacked.

This has been reported before and was deemed "by design". It's supposed to represent you managing to get inside, but not without a struggle. Think "you entered the door but the wolf caught your leg before you could close it. You kicked the wolf off and closed the door"

But I agree that the way it works a.t.m. is not great and makes it seem bugged.

This has been reported before and was deemed "by design". It's supposed to represent you managing to get inside, but not without a struggle. Think "you entered the door but the wolf caught your leg before you could close it. You kicked the wolf off and closed the door"

But I agree that the way it works a.t.m. is not great and makes it seem bugged.

I might not work in a great way. What bikingviking and I mean is, that the behaviour is different for encountering a bear or encountering a wolf.

Archived