Screenshot hotkeys not working

I'm running 228 with test_u5 enabled. I just tried to take a screenshot with F8, F9, F10... none of them are putting any screenshots on my desktop.

It's been a couple of builds since I've tried to take screenshots, so I'm not sure exactly when the issue started. I'd successfully taken screenshots in the past, and my keyboard/system settings haven't changed since then. Those function keys work in other programs.

Before you start the client, use a tool like HotKeysList (70KB, no installer) to list all global registered hotkeys. If F8, F9, F10 are already registered, check if you don't the hotkey registered by another app, like your catalyst control center or whatever. If you don't, make sure, that the user account running TLD has writing access to the desktop.

The Test_u5 build doesn't exist anymore, so maybe that's why it's not working?

Interesting. Must be a glitch in Steam that left it next to the game name - you're right, I checked the "betas" tab of the item properties, and I'm running the regular latest built.

Before you start the client, use a tool like HotKeysList (70KB, no installer) to list all global registered hotkeys. If F8, F9, F10 are already registered, check if you don't the hotkey registered by another app, like your catalyst control center or whatever. If you don't, make sure, that the user account running TLD has writing access to the desktop.

Checked the hotkeys, nothing registered except CTRL+ALT+DEL.

No nVidia or ATI software installed, other than the drivers. Playing under an admin account, no trouble writing files to the desktop.

Archived