gun aim faster

furq

I would like the gun to come to aim a little quicker. it feels slow, especially when you get bumped by a wolf at close range, because I can't see over a 3 foot high snow bank, because I'm a survival midget for some reason.

I think exeexe is right. Things need to be kept as realistic as possible for this to be a great game.

We are supposed to be a downed bush pilot not an elite marksman.

If anything the aim is probably too fast. I'm not sure how quickly I could swing a rifle off my back and perfectly aim at a charging wolf whilst freezing, starving and highly fatigued. Not too mention the fact I'm wearing chunky insulated glove or MITTENS!

I'm not asking for super soldier reflexes but the time it takes to raise the gun to its firing position is slow. to raise a gun takes a split second , no matter how many hours training you haven't had. Its not on your back , its in hand.

As someone who have put tens of thousands of rounds downrange, the system works in its context. Let me explain...

Lets completely forget about zeroing your weapon, trigger squeeze, the natural pause, Kentucky windage, bullet rise/drop, target position relative to the shooter, target movement, shooter movement and air temp. Most people have no clue what goes into shooting. Some of the ones that do think it is like some Spec Ops game on a console.

In a three dot sight, the front post must be flush to the back posts. It will sit like a lazy E. You bring your weapon up, get a good sight picture and pull the trigger. Right now the sight picture is perfect as soon as your weapon is up. Complete balderdash. It should take a small amount of time to actual get your sight picture on the target correctly. The closer you are to the target the more forgiving, because your weapon becomes akin to pointing your finger. You just point and shoot. The longer the distance the more this technique turns out to be crap. Add in movement and it is a stinky pile of.. you get my point.

The amount of time we get between having the weapon out, putting it at the ready and pulling the trigger is awkwardly fast. There is a reason why most hunters sit in a blind and wait for the perfect shot, because it is not easy. They want a location that gives them the best vantage point, under the best conditions, taking the right moment for ambushing their prey. No different than a sniper.

Here we are schlepping through the snow, in the cold, fighting against the wind with a weapon that we have never zeroed. A wolf comes up 20 or 30 yards away and we want to kill it before it sinks it teeth into our flesh. Sounds like a fantasy to me. I mean we are playing a game... but come on :o

Again, I don't have ANY problems with the current system. That said, I would love it if they incorporated more into shooting. Give us more bullets but make the shooting conditions more realistic.

I think exeexe is right. Things need to be kept as realistic as possible

Realistic ? we are getting chased by wolves , not really realistic.

And people have proved under these circumstances they can survive for 1000 days, what is your point exactly?

I'm not asking for super soldier reflexes but the time it takes to raise the gun to its firing position is slow. to raise a gun takes a split second , no matter how many hours training you haven't had. Its not on your back , its in hand.

I used to go shooting (for practice) or hunting with my dad fairly often as a kid. Even when you're well acquainted with your weapon and have hours of practice under your belt it takes time to raise and properly aim the weapon. The way aiming is handled in the game right now isn't realistic enough if you ask me but the devs seem to have gone for the middle ground between realism and what most FPS gamers are used to and I think that is good enough.

The only thing I would change is adding a bit more variety to the types of rifles we can find or possibly make it so we can find a scope to improve accuracy.

I think the whole being chased by wolves is tied in to the geomagnetic event.

When the story mode is released we'd perhaps need to worry more about a fellow survivor jumping out with an axe than a crazy wolf. I'd be firing from the hip and have a knife strapped to the rifle as a bayonet!

+1 on the scope. Would be good for seeing those pesky tree stumps in the distance you we're hoping were loot.

Also could be used to start fires when the suns out?

Hey, how do we fire a rifle with glove on anyway? I guess we have to take it off everytime.

If the trigger well is big enough or open, gloves are no big deal. Mittens on the other hand you need a finger hole to pull the trigger. Just pray your sweat finger does not freeze to the trigger :o

I understand the rifle with iron sites totally, but it is the last little thing that furg mentioned that I have to agree with. Why is it we are at little people height in this game. I truly don't feel I am standing at my full height all the time. Am I the only one that feels this way during game play?

u can put the thumb on the trigger and in stead of bending the thumb u stretch it. You hold the rifle with the other hand and the hand with the trigger thumb will then be out in the air.

I wanna see someone shoot accurately like that!

U dont need to u just wait for the wolf or the attacker to be ~2 meters away from you and that should be sufficient.

u can put the thumb on the trigger and in stead of bending the thumb u stretch it. You hold the rifle with the other hand and the hand with the trigger thumb will then be out in the air.

I wanna see someone shoot accurately like that!

U dont need to u just wait for the wolf or the attacker to be ~2 meters away from you and that should be sufficient.

I think you are going to have to be "at the ready" when this situation arises. If this was a wolf as the game has them running now, it could work. If they tweak the AI so the wolves dodges and weaves more, you would be SOL. Any intelligent opponent just needs to dodge left or right before the assault. Over compensation with a non-firing hand and using a thumb... recipe for disaster.

Archived