The dreaded rifle!!

Dropy

So I am on wakthru number 9. Walkthru number 7 was 32 days long with NO RIFLE!! Matter of fact I have only found 1 rifle in all my walkthrough's. I quit walkthrough number 7 to start over and try n find the darn rifle.... Why does the rifle god hate me so???

So I am on wakthru number 9. Walkthru number 7 was 32 days long with NO RIFLE!! Matter of fact I have only found 1 rifle in all my walkthrough's. I quit walkthrough number 7 to start over and try n find the darn rifle.... Why does the rifle god hate me so???

The rifle god's favour is with followers who learn how to survive without the rifle. In the Book of the Rifle (letter to Will McKenzie, 14;36) it says, "Yet verily, he who desires the rifle shall wander endlessly through frozen wastelands, finding nothing but tomato soup and tinder plugs. Deers shall mock him in his foolishness, and wolves shall gnaw the meat from his bones. But he who does not need the rifle and lives as one with the creatures of the forest, shall stumble upon it. And he shall collect it, lay it on the floor in his hideout and leave it there most of the time, roaming the lands unencumbered and free of sorrows. Such is the way of the rifle."

Also wise men say one should recite the rifle spawn locations in their completeness both at sunrise and at sunset, and make a pilgrimage to these places when the hatchet and the knife have been obtained.

• 3 weeks later...

I did find a rifle outdoors.[spoil]Next to a frozen body on the bank of mystery lake back near the last fishing hut.[/spoil]

It was sticking up out of the snow like a tree. Looked like it was supposed to be leaning against something.

Archived