Bedroll degradation

Hotzn

Thanks for your feedback, Bill. I have further been watching my bedroll ("The Men who stare at Bedrolls"), and my conclusion is it now degrades much faster than before. I presume this has been changed to compensate for the additional bears in CH and ML, and the whole is intended to motivate us to craft and use the bearskin bedroll earlier on.

I am unsure whether I like this or not. Apparently, the intention is that the player should go from using prefabricated items (clothes, antiseptic, normal bedroll) to using crafted items (crafted clothes, lichen-bandage, bearskin bedroll). As I have stated in another thread some time ago, I would prefer to rely more on prefabricated items for survival - for the simple reason that this would keep me moving from region to region out of necessity. As things are currently, I can start in ML and craft everything there. As a by-product, I will get so much meat that I can survive almost endlessly, and there is no real need to move on (at least in sandbox mode).

Well, that's just a personal preference, of course. Let's see which direction things are taking from here...

I tried sleep 24h in bear skin bedroll. It lost 6%. And repairing require 1 bear skin and 1 cloth, it repair 50% of bear skin bedroll. So let say we stay in the dam and sleep each day 12 hours, then we can last 17 days until it degrade to 49% and need to be repaired.

Archived