A DRYING RACK - FISH & MEATS

German4XXX

I'm from Alaska and the image of a native drying hundreds of pounds of salmon on wooden racks in the summer is a pretty common image here...depending on where you live. It is a very convenient way of preserving a large quantity of fish. I thought of this when I saw a previous poster asking for smoked meats which is a very cool idea as well. Both ideas are about preserving meat for longer and I think it is a fantastic idea.

You could turn a oven into a smoker, but you would have to tend it like crazy. Managing the heat to smoke would be one hell of a chore. However, if you use the over/stove into the smoke box and then cut into the exhaust pipe... you could make a smoker.

Or! Turn one of the fishing huts INTO a smoker. Pull all the junk out of the place except the bunk beds, which you turn into drying racks. The go cannibalize the exhaust pipes and feed it into the building. Capture the smoke with one of those old boats, just set it up high enough so the boat does not burn. Smoke goes up, down through the pipe on the ground and into the hut. Bing, done!

Archived