What is the bonnet for?

Maikleeps

Honestly I haven't found anything there yet. But I don't look there very often.

But I have read somewhere on this forum that someone suspects that the car batteries could get a use someday somehow, because they stand out being so colourful.

Crazy Europeans and your strange ways of calling things.

Jeremy

I laught quite hard on that.

To explain: The German word for it is "Motorhaube", or short just "Haube"... but "Haube" is also our word for those kinds of hats you posted... sooo... yeah...we name things strange...

Very funny guys! You, over the pond, call it engine hood, don't you? British and American English can be so different sometimes. And obviously very funny though. Seriously Jeremy, tell us: What is the hatch for that is covering the engine of the cars and what can/will we find underneath? :D

The hood is very useful to mark a car that contains special loot (like matches) or something valuable that you had to drop in there earlier. Or, if you're like me and have a memory like a fly in comorbidity with compulsive looting syndrome, you can just use it to mark cars as empty.

Crazy Europeans and your strange ways of calling things.

[bBvideo 560,340:2ao8icux]

[/bBvideo]

Go to 1:05, or use this link:

PS does anyone know how to embed a youtube clip with a specific start time? Despite adding the t=1m5s (or start=65) to the youtube url the embedded video still starts at 0:00.

Though I do admit. it is fun to open things. I like popping all the hoods and opening the gas cap and flipping all the visors.

Jeremy

You can open the gas caps?!?!? :)

I usually pop the hood on cars I've searched as a quick way to recognized them later (in case I forget and wonder "Did I search that car already?")

• 2 weeks later...
The hood is very useful to mark a car that contains special loot (like matches) or something valuable that you had to drop in there earlier. Or, if you're like me and have a memory like a fly in comorbidity with compulsive looting syndrome, you can just use it to mark cars as empty.

I have been leaving the hood to mark a car as empty since day one. Great minds :)

Well, that and it is also a universal sign of distress.

I just discovered you could open mailboxes over the weekend. Here I was hoping to go through some juicy mail or a nice catalog... I would still burn the bills :P

Archived