No Bears in Mystery Lake

morgellons

My game originated a few updates ago, but I have searched for quite a while and found no bears in mystery lake at all. I've passed through the areas where they supposedly spawn many times and should have seen one by now... haven't seen this reported anywhere else so maybe I'm just very unlucky, but it seems like a bug because they should not be this rare.

Playing on Windows 8

Guest mcopeman

What mode are you playing in? In Voyageur bears and wolves wont appear until at the earliest 18 hours of survival.

Guest mcopeman

We've tested this out and can't seem to replicate it. Could you send me your save001 folder?

You can find it in C:\users\Computername\appdata\locallow\hinterland\the long dark. The app data folder is hidden by default, so you will either have to unhide it or search in the locallow in the windows app bar.

Melody~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcopeman

To get back to you on this issue, games started before we introduced bears in Mystery Lake won't have a bear spawning zone. If you start a new game they will appear but we can't expect old saves to have all of the new content. We just want to make sure that you guys aren't loosing anything with the new updates.

Melody~

• 2 weeks later...
There are bears now in mystery lake, alright. Just met this one while becoming exhausted meters from safety... :?

oh wow, i thought any bear attack would kill you if you were below 90-92% health. didn't know they could be survivable even if you were so low...

Archived