Loose the film grain..

JoseyWales

I get the whole thing with what using a film grain type filter can do for graphics but in this case I think it is over kill in a big way. The graphics already have the look to it that you might be going for without the filter and I think it really takes things down a few notches..

To me it just makes my screen appear dirty or something and it really adds nothing to the game, just the opposite.. At least add a toggle in settings to be able to turn it off if it's not to your liking. Anyhow.. Is there a way to turn it off now in the config or something? It's really starting to bother me as it gets in the way of the game play by distorting the view a bit to much. It's like playing the game looking through a dirty window right now. Keep in mind that I have a really good ISP monitor and it really stands out for me.

I would like to have the graphic details from ultra, but without the film grain too. I don't play on ultra just for this reason. Yes, unity provides these QualitySettings presets (Fastest, Fast, , ...), but I think people would appreciate more control over the individual settings. (At least the important ones: shadow draw distance, dynamic lighting, texturing mipmap, ..)

Archived