Exploit lantern

Maikleeps

It is possible to sufficiently illuminate a room simply by ...[spoil]... igniting the lantern two times and releasing the button before the lantern is switched on and repeat that process as long as needed. This doesn't cost any kerosine although you can hear the gas exhaling. To avoid that bevaviour the light that is coming from the ignition flash should be dimmed.[/spoil]

Btw: The lantern sounds like it is working with gas. I reckon burning kerosine doesn't sound at all.

Btw: The lantern sounds like it is working with gas. I reckon burning kerosine doesn't sound at all.

The lanterns shown are pressurized kerosene lamps similar to the Coleman Lantern.

From Wikipedia:

Pressurized kerosene lamps have a gas generator and gas mantle ... They produce more light per unit of fuel than wick-type lamps, but are more complex and expensive in construction, and more complex to operate. A hand-pump pressurizes air, which forces liquid fuel from a reservoir into a gas generator. Vapor from the gas generator burns, heating a mantle to incandescence and also providing heat to the gas generator.

tog89

The lanterns shown are pressurized kerosene lamps similar to the Coleman Lantern.

Thank you for the clarification. Now that I know that the sound is correct ( :D ) while igniting the lantern, the fuel needs to be consumed in order to avoid exploiting the lantern.

Yes have also definitely used this exploit, would also be in favor of the flashes not illuminating as brightly, although if it's realistic at the same time I don't know that it needs to be changed? Honestly working with the flashes are annoying and sometimes I just light it all the way so I can have some constant lighting. In a low fuel situation IRL I would still use the flashes for light if it was sufficient to give me an idea of my environment.

Archived