Leaving the map in ML

Ysidro

Just south of the most SE bunker location there's snow that goes up right to the edge of some icy rocks. At the moment you can actually walk along the outer edge of them (although your footsteps will actually appear in the air, rather than on the rocks) and you can thus reach the real edge. This might be possible in more locations, but this one is probably the easiest.

Noticed that the screenshots are 25MB PNG pictures, one even 51MB. And that after attaching the first one. Hope I can still replace it with a jpg, as that already shows enough.

Ah, was already wondering why people mentioned F8 for screenies :D

It's something you aren't likely to do 'accidently' (I made a backup copy before trying), as if it wouldn't work you'd take a nasty fall. However, I always try climbing where you shouldn't in games :)

Guest mcopeman

An F8 screenshot would be really helpful! We think we know the area but to be sure coordinates would confirm it.

Melody~

Haven't been back to CH, but here's a picture of the location from where you can get to a point where you can leave the map in CH:

bill017.thumb.jpg.6110c714b669805fd28273screen_1d47c83f-5fd6-4271-8479-2596b9e46060.jpg[/attachment]

P.S. Why don't you store the F8 files as JPEG files by default? De PNG files tend to be over 2MB anyway, and are therefor too large to upload.

P.P.S. One of the reasons you can reach the location (besides being able to move around on an icy, slippery rock edge) is not sliding off while moving around on an 80+ degree icy slope.

screen_cd5727fc-1d3f-47b1-b5b4-15d63d8a4

screen_1d47c83f-5fd6-4271-8479-2596b9e46

Another place to leave the mystery lake map is the whole upper northern area of the map. Just follow these see-throu rocks in the following order, then go left as soon as you can...

xcw9otou.jpg

y6myakox.jpg

lxypgnwk.jpg

[bBvideo 560,340:1g1futnu]

[/bBvideo]

• 2 weeks later...

V.235.

One can still visit mole country in V.235, albeit using a slightly different route closer to the rocks.

You can see throu this rock on the way there amoung other places:

3amk569s.jpg

[bBvideo 560,340:315zegc6]

[/bBvideo]

6dahsbaj.jpg

All this is possible because of the player sticking to edges like a gazelle without dropping (while on the other hand being unable to walk steep hills at all).

• 3 months later...

It is possible to make one's way to the back side of the dam in Mystery Lake by following the top of the terrain around from the logging camp towards the dam. Once past dam, player may descend thru a rock to the ice layer and walk below any other point on the map.

(1316,105,1505) Follow ledge to right

(1556,97,1454) Walk thru rockface

Transitioning back to the correct side is as easy as walking thru the ground where it is close to the ice. Fun.

Related?:

Leaving the map in ML

So you can get back the logging are via the rock area where the four building atop the dam are? I went through the the rock area east of the dam and got to another section of the map. Can not recall the name of the location but it was a long walk through a cave and was wondering where the heck I was going to end up. Nice to know the I can get back to the ML area and back to the Camp Office. Thanks for this heads up. I think I posted this in the wrong area but would be the same for the Xbox?

Archived