Wolf "Stays" at Abandoned Lookout in PV

AmericanSteel

I ran to the Abdandoned Lookout with a wolf hot on my heals this afternoon. Making it to the stairs, I dashed up into the lookout proper. The wolf barked, growled and made a pest of himself for four days. I first went down every two to three hours (a few times) but he was still there. I then waited about 8 hours, still there. Waited the remainder of the day and a night, still there. I then waited a full day and a night, only to go down and he was still there! I eventually had to mix up with with the wolf to run it off.

It seemed the wolf would get stuck in a holding pattern, pacing from one side of the stairs, around the other side and then over to some rocks near by. It would then turn around and go back to where it started, only to repeat the process again. Felt like Bilbo Baggins run up a tree with worgs snapping at by bare feet a just below me :)

Actually one of the easiest ways past wolves that trap you there is to run straight down the stairs, and over the edge (where they can't follow)... can use crouch to save risk of ankle sprain,, but pretty much once along that lower edge, you can get around pretty easily to wherever you want to go.

Actually one of the easiest ways past wolves that trap you there is to run straight down the stairs, and over the edge (where they can't follow)... can use crouch to save risk of ankle sprain,, but pretty much once along that lower edge, you can get around pretty easily to wherever you want to go.

Thanks!

Guest Alan Lawrance

I'll see if I can replicate this behavior -- the wolf should be giving up and wandering off after an hour or so (game time).

I had a wolf do that to me at the forest lookout. Came down after a visit and there he was. Doing the same thing walking around the landing but never in the front where I could get a shot off. Would go back up and take a rest come back down and he would still be there after about a day I decided to fight him off and won. A couple of days later as I was going down the hill another wolf was trying to come up the hill, but he got stuck at that dip in the path. He I shot at and he run away. I had a great time I even wrote up a story about it for one of Accurize2 YouTube posting, first and only time I’ve written up an adventure. I thought the whole thing was a random encounter, you know to keep us on your toes.

Archived