Real Life Survival Skills, Will They be a Factor?

logang

So this being a mix between game and survival sim and all, will there be any in game advantage for those, such as @robdoar and @TattooedMac, who have real life survival training versus the regular joe/jane blow who may know how to read maps and start a fire but not much else? I know it has been said that the game won't hold your hand, but just how much, if at all, will real life survival training help in game?

Second, for any forum member, what impact would you like survival training to have in game, say the edible food testing or firestarting, what aspects would you like to see in the game or do you think should be in the game?

@LoganG

I actually think it will be a level playing field. From the early footage, it looks like tough decisions with no right or wrong answer will come up.

Those I will struggle with. Like people knocking on the door, being attacked by wolves. You either have to decide if it's worth the risk to be attacked and let strangers in, or let them fend for themselves.

Those tough moral questions will have to be answered by an individual based on their convictions, not necessarily training.

@LoganG

Every Survival situation is different, and this will apply to the game to i would think. Surviving, is a "Think outside the box" situation, and if there are a lot of people that can achieve this in real life, then in a survival situation they will have a good chance.

It will be a level playing field to some degree, but depends on how the game is played out, and what real life survival situations, and the accompanying survival technique/s are laid out for us to use/do will also come into play.

I would love to see things like the food test, and things like different combinations available to start a fire, instead of "Just finding matches ~But they are wet and having to dry them out". As there are a few ways with 2 different household chemicals that can start a fire . . . . .

Im really hoping that Hinterland have done their homework and this becomes a challenge, for people like myself and @robdoar as well.

If you want a good read, look up the "SAS Survival Guide" in the iTunes/Google Play stores and its based on the world best seller book from John "Lofty" Wiseman ex SAS

• 1 month later...

Archived