Time to melt snow or boil water (By Design - Not A Bug)

Bill Tarling

Guest Alan Lawrance

It takes a lot of snow to melt to 1 gallon. Raph can speak to the tuning, but I can confirm this is working as designed.

It takes a lot of snow to melt to 1 gallon. Raph can speak to the tuning, but I can confirm this is working as designed.

I love seeing my ideas in the game. Even if I had nothing to do with this, I'l gladly take credit. :-)

• Hinterland

I love seeing my ideas in the game. Even if I had nothing to do with this, I'l gladly take credit. :-)

Yes, you inspired us to actually finish this feature!

It was always on the list (which is why we've always had Boiling and Melting in the fire interface).

And yes, Clell is correct -- when we added the step of boiling to purify non-potable water, I did a tuning pass on the melting and boiling times, based on some figures I was able to dig up. Obviously there are normally a lot of variables here (altitude, ambient temp, warming implement, fuel type, etc.) so we've kind of abstracted based on using a pot on a fire or stove, at a fairly fixed altitude.

Archived