Where is the sun?

Denyo

Today Scyzara pointed my attention to one thing,I wouldn`t think about it by myself probably ever.He asked me,if I had seen a sun since new update and Unity5 test.

He was watching my stream and we decided to make test.I was checking sky every time,when it was clear,without clouds.Altough was bright,warm,sunny day,there was no sun displayed on the sky.I tried few more days and sun was never displayed on the sky.

Now,I wonder,if that is intentional,or it is just a bug? I made screenshots at most bright and clear day,from all 4 sides.It should be sunny day,but there was no sun.

I made photos at "7 hours daytime left",so approx a bit after noon.Sun should be high in the sky.

I don`t know,if that is since update to version 218,or is Unity5 fault,causing that issue of missing sun.

2015-04-21_00002.thumb.jpg.8755293562f3a

2015-04-21_00001.thumb.jpg.83fea2eedbf1e

2015-04-21_00003.thumb.jpg.809160d2edeae

56ce128045d49_2015-04-21_00004(2).thumb.

I would be very happy if anyone who still has a sun ingame could post a screenshot. I could swear I once saw a sun (it's possible that I'm just imagining things, though), but I can't find it any more, no matter how hard I search the sky. x-x'

What has happened to the sun, did it have trouble to avoid the wolves as well and thus got eaten by nasty old Fenrir? ;p

There are several sun scenes on my Unity 5 Testvideo. But from what I've figured you only see the sun in bad weather, since Unity 5 (or 218, can't remember) you see it very clear through fog and also when the sky darkens as in the picture from Majales. But I never saw the sun on a clear sky, If this is intentional and for what probable reason, other than giving us a navigation aid in fog, I don't know, especially not why we don't see it on a cloudless sky.

I did few observations of the sun, when weather and bear in my garden permited it (I have a pet bear, who follows me around the house), and the sun is there, when the sky is darker (see attached screenshot). On one day at seven hours left, when the sky was light blue, was sun missing, but shadows were clearly visible.

Seeing the sun in the sky will give me an approximation of how late it is even in just a quick glance and is something I can do while moving. Checking the survival menu for how many hours of daylight I have left is more work and can't be done while moving (you have to stop, open the menu, close the menu and get moving again). I much prefer to see the sun.

Plus it's just weird that there is no sun in the sky...

Why? We already get a notification for how many hours of sunlight are left, sunlight begins at 5am and ends at 20pm, with the exception of blizzards we always know which time it is more or less. Or am I missing something?

Daytime begins at 6am. There are 14 hours of daylight and 10 hours of night time.

I did talk last night with Jeremy and he explained to me,that with Unity 5 test launch,sun appeared to be weird squarre shaped object in pink or purple colours.So they removed the sun in testing phase.According to his words,that is fixed in final launch of U5.

I've now seen the sun :) I tried not to stare too long.

One thing I noticed is that the shadows don't quite line up with the position of the sun, at least at the time that I checked. I'll see if I can post a screenshot to show what I mean.

edit: will have to get another screenshot.. I didn't think to put away the rifle, which blocks out the shadows in question...

Archived