wild game trails

caverdude

Wild game trails might be added to the game. These could be followe'd by player, use as land marks, and place to set traps for greater chance of catch. Though deep snow can hide trails. Animals probably still follow these leaving tracks in snow.

I was thinking about something along these lines, at least in relation to rabbits.

Wildlife behavior can factor into a game's believability and liveliness a lot - something I've felt in Minecraft as the Mojang team has added more animals and plants over the course of their updates. It's made the world come alive so much more.

Having to be a bit more crafty when trying to snare wildlife would feel more rewarding, I think. I've never trapped rabbits in real life, but as I understand it, you've got to be pretty keen on where to set a snare to successfully catch a rabbit. Currently, so long as you find or make a snare and set it anywhere in a rabbit zone, you're guaranteed a rabbit roughly once every other day. It would feel more rewarding if you had to find game trails amongst the shrubbery and place your snare in a position where a rabbit is guaranteed to go. It would add an element of having to outfox your prey, which you have to do to some degree with the deer, wolves, and bears (which will flee and/or attack depending how close you get to take your shot with the rifle).

Archived