Kerosene Camp Stove

jason_scheiner

There are lots of portable/compact liquid fuel camp stoves on the market.

For example: http://www.amazon.com/Compact-Kerosine- ... B00ANHGHKC

(This particular one seems like it can use kerosene, diesel, gasoline - any type of liquid fuel at all. But right now, kerosene is the game's only implemented liquid fuel.)

A camp stove would let players cook in more places and in more weather conditions. It wouldn't require matches, wood, etc... but it wouldn't have a very high warmth radius, and might take longer to cook food than a full fire.

Here's a scenario: imagine yourself hunkering down in a wooden hunter's bind during a long blizzard. You have lots of heavy clothing so you're in no danger of freezing, but the storm hit just after you finished pulling meat off a deer. You're almost out of other food. With a kerosene camp stove, you can keep from starving (or dehydrating) without risk of food poisoning.

Even if it isn't an item that can be carried in inventory, a kerosene stove would be a welcome addition to many locations. Some cabins might have a kerosene stove instead of a table. Some houses might have stoves that can be reactivated. Could these be placed randomly?

If they are too much of an advantage, maybe have them all start empty in need of refueling. The character can't use them until the jerry cans start showing up, and has to trade light for fire.

Like I said in every other thread that suggested a portable stove: +1

There are other threads that mention this? I did a search and didn't turn up any.

There are. But the search function isn't great and doesn't always return the threads you're looking for. It's also quite possible the stoves were discussed in threads containing multiple idea's. That doesn't help in finding them either, that one reason I would like everyone to make a separate thread for each idea/ suggestion they have instead of 1 post with a long list of idea's / suggestions.

There are. But the search function isn't great and doesn't always return the threads you're looking for. It's also quite possible the stoves were discussed in threads containing multiple idea's. That doesn't help in finding them either, that one reason I would like everyone to make a separate thread for each idea/ suggestion they have instead of 1 post with a long list of idea's / suggestions.

Welp.

So much for always running a search before I suggest something.

If alcohol were In the game a player could craft a camp stove from a couple of soda cans that weighed nothing .1 kg

And I've never tried kerosene in my alcohol stove, maybe I should.

I wouldn't if I were you. Alcohol stoves work by burning the fumes that come from the evaporating alcohol, not the alcohol itself. I have never used kerosene, but if it is like lamp oil, it won't burn on it's own, it needs a wick.

Archived