Updated Enfield Model

clonerwesker

Just a small thing that I would like to see for the game, of course, the style of the game is amazing, but the rifle sights for the hunting rifle which is based on the Lee Enfield could use a bit of a touch-up. To be more accurate the front sight should be thinner to give better targeting and more accurately match its IRL counterpart. I find that with how large the sight posts are, at range or even close, it can be hard to see what you are aiming at or where your shot will land as it is unclear where the aim point is.

37 minutes ago, clonerwesker said:

I find that with how large the sight posts are, at range or even close, it can be hard to see what you are aiming at or where your shot will land as it is unclear where the aim point is.

I agree, I think it needs to be zoomed in a lot less when aiming down rifle sights, as the front irons really should be small, and provide a good point to determine exactly where the bullet is going. With how aiming is now, I often find myself asking "which part of the sight is my bullet going to hit? The middle, or the sides? This giant rectangle of a sight is taking up my entire center screen." Low level rifle skill where your character is constantly wobbling the gun when aiming makes the picture even worse.

image.jpeg.5bd93a2473b93ca68b7ef39b020577d2.jpeg

Here's how aiming used to be, zoomed out, and the front pin being just that, a near perfect pin. I'd love if they kept all of the reworks to the rifle over the years, but simply zoomed out a bit, similar to how it looks in the old photo, rather than having it look like my character is physically sticking their eye into the irons.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

100% I was just playing the other night and missing a deer at point blank range because the sight post was big as the buck. I tried to aim like I would an actual rifle as I would do with my Lee Enfield or Mauser at the range and still missed. Far as I can tell it went low because the actual aim point seems to be below the top of the post but not quite in the middle.

I hate the squared off sight, I only really use the barb's rifle added in the dlc because of the rounded off, thin sight that allows me to shoot what I aim at 😅

• Upvote 1