Food poisoning delay

simarson

Hmm, and if you'd eaten more than one questionable item, you'd have to consider your decisions more carefully...Yes?

That is of course true. However, TLD wants to put the player in a realistic game. The player itself is sitting in front of a computer in a warm leaving room. So the game has to interact with the player. Those things exist: freezing, cold, warm, warmer etc.

I suggest that the protagonist simply warns the player, e.g. by saying: " I'm not sure if eating another piece of adulterated food is a good idea."

Adulterated food definitely doesn't sound like a good idea.

What do you mean by that? Don't you like the idea of the character warning the player? Is it the vocable (spoiled or tainted instead)? Maybe: "I'm not sure if eating another piece of food in a poor condition is a good idea."

I think the food poisoning delay should (in part) be based on the condition of the food. If a player drinks something that is higher in quality, but tainted, then the delay should be longer. However, eating a haunch of raw venison with a red condition might have the player hurling in moments.

Overall, +1 to the OP!

What do you mean by that? Don't you like the idea of the character warning the player? Is it the vocable (spoiled or tainted instead)? Maybe: "I'm not sure if eating another piece of food in a poor condition is a good idea."

I mean that eating something referred to as "adulterated food" sounds...like a not good idea. :P

I mean that eating something referred to as "adulterated food" sounds...like a not good idea. :P

It sure doesn't sound like it, no. But after having looked up adulterated, I realize it sounds (much) worse than it really is. Adulterated is "not pure"/ "mixed with 'foreign' contaminants". So if you put some salt and pepper on your venison, it is mixed with something not venison and no longer pure, and therefore it's adulterated :P

I must say, as a non native English speaker, I had a very different idea when I read "adulterated food". :D

Archived