Bug with Imperial Unit Gallons (GAL) in game.

I loaded into my old save to experience the 5th Update to Tales, and immediately found a bug with items that are measured in Gallons (or GAL as referred to in game.)

Any item that uses the Unit (GAL) appears to be measured incorrectly, with .27 gallon water bottles appearing to hold over 30 gallons, and Storm Lanterns appearing to hold enough fuel to last 12 years.

I've found this bug to affect the following items: Water bottles, Lantern Fuel bottles, Jerry Cans, Cooking Oil, Recycled cans (when selecting amount to boil), Skillets (when boiling) and Cooking Pots (when boiling under .52 gallons) 

After some testing however, I've found that this bug does not apply when you hold over half a gallon of water in your inventory, or when boiling .52 in the cooking pot. My guess is it only affects items that have less than half a gallon (though I haven't been able to do proper testing for this). 

Although the amount an item holds is incorrectly listed, a .13 Gallon water bottle still only provides .13 gallons of water when filled, and provides the correct amount of hydration. This applies to everything else listed incorrectly, they all have the normal amount of uses.

I already submitted an official bug report under support. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a1ac29a959d04b16d073ad6c65f84962.jpeg

image.png.aaa251f1e110db66cbecb9419b993b84.png

If only my storm lantern actually had that much fuel in it, I'd never have to worry about the darkness again...

• Upvote 3

Had this happen as well. Went to loot some toilet water and it said 60 gallons! The actual yield was the normal 0.4 gallons, but it did catch me off guard lol

• Upvote 4