Outdoor Safety and Survival

So!

Last week, I was lucky enough to be able to take a little adventure over to Vancouver Island, and visit a couple of great little towns. When I was in Cumberland, I actually wandered into a little bookstore and walked away with this gem:

zN0GSFE.jpg

...I feel like the guy on the cover hasn't read the book yet.

It has some really great information and advice, and I'm definitely learning a lot. Some of it hits a little close to home after playing TLD...

bjlyNMq.jpg

When I was younger, I bought a bunch of the "Worst-Case Scenario" books for members of my family. I think I may have been a bit of an alarmist as a child, but at least half of my family now knows what to do if they're ever being attacked by a shark (punch it in the nose!) or find themselves being offered favours during an overnight stay in jail (DO NOT ACCEPT). Those books are actually pretty awesome, and even have specialized versions for college students and "paranormal experiences".

Does anyone else have another survival book to add to this little collection I've started? My goal is to be completely indestructible by 2017. Definitely feel free to offer more non-traditional options as well...

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Zombie-Surviva ... 1400049628

Well, if you're starting a survival book collection, the SAS Survival Guide in one of it's many versions is a must have! :D

Good luck on getting that indestructible achievement ;)

Good recommendation, thanks! I think I might have a family member or two that's mentioned that, so I'll definitely check it out.

And I need as much luck as I can get, so I'll take it!

Archived