Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Just now, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

I like Illuminated Cookery.  If there were any ships out there, you could lure them in with your lighthouse aged meats.
Mmmmmm, you can really taste the salty wind in it. 🙂

Lighthouse aged meats!

damn, that's good!

You win a free bag of meat, my good sir!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

deceptively small pile, yes?  there's something like 120 kilos of fir, cedar and sticks dumped in that pile.  I wish it looked more impressive...:hatchet:

Good lord! 120Kg? That is a lot of wear and tear on axes. And it is a long long wolf-strewn walk to the machine shop.

11 hours ago, dahemac said:

Good lord! 120Kg? That is a lot of wear and tear on axes. And it is a long long wolf-strewn walk to the machine shop.

since I'm in DP, I forged a dozen or more axes.  i just use them til they break, harvest the salvage and keep chopping!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I'm sorry big guy, your slow and painful death may have been unnecessary but hey thanks to you and your two deer friends that I shot in the face with my rifle, i now have well over a month's worth of food and hides that i can make a coat out of and necessary repairs to other items so thank you 😘 (Ever since I started this particular run, i have hunted with the bow and arrow and while it's only a pound and a tenth, it takes some getting used to because the arrows don't fly straight but in an arc.
I have gotten pretty good at it but the past few days I have been getting nothing but screwed over by it. I've been able to hit deer but they take forever to bleed and drop. It's adrenaline I get that but getting shot TWICE by an arrow which creates a bigger wound than a bullet and being able to run halfway across the map taking more than a half a day to die, I don't think so.

So when I finally got the "Silent Hunter" achievement which is survive the first 50 days without firing any firearms(rifle, distress pistol and revolver) I went back to where I left my rifle and in turn shot two deer in the head which instantly killed them and then the bear. The bear was a little overkill but after getting screwed over by the bow and arrow it felt good to finally see something drop on the first shot

So in the end, I don't feel bad. Not even a little bit. :D 

20200602205531_1.thumb.jpg.4ab74871d7991e2436d39b79b01fced7.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1