Have any of you visited PV, mystic falls picnic cave?

thinair

Honestly, do not want to spoil, but ya'll gotta get there :) Only thing i'll spoil, bring a torch or lantern :)

I agree and don't want to spoil either. Let's just say it was reworked and is worth a visit for sure if you're exploring pleasant valley. :)

I'm going for the long haul on my current stalker game (60+ days and about halfway through Coastal Valley) so I won't get to see this for a while but I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm really digging all the updates to the various areas in game so far but I'm looking forward to the updates in PV (and in the transition zone leading to it) the most.

Ha! Surprises like these are the best! :lol:

Was just looking where to post on forums that I have found this cool cave, but it looks like that's few days old news already...

I was making this big tour around Pleasant Valley and following the borders. Thought I should check the Misty Falls Picnic Area and see if I can find another rifle there. Nope, no rifle, but did find a 5 rounds box of ammo. Left MRA and food cans untouched, for You never know when You have to find some shelter and fast, when blizzard hits, so thought I leave that food there "just in case".

Then I went to check the cave itself and odd... nothing.

Maybe there's something at the very back of this cave and there sure was :mrgreen:

Not gonna spoil the fun for those who haven't visited there, but You definately should. It feels like finding an extra bunker. One flare lasts long enough to examine it through, if You keep hurry and don't waste Your time in there.

Thanks Devs! This was a sweet surprise for sure. Good thing I didn't found this thread before finding that cave and got the chance to find it on my own... this was one of those special moments in TLD that I'm gonna remember for a long time ;)

• 3 months later...

So I stumbeled upon this cave, however I can't seem to find what you guys find so great about it? All I find there is a circle shaped path, in one side cave a dead guy is under some rocks, in another part I find a bedroll plus just a few other things.

So please enlighten me, what should I be able to find there?

• 2 weeks later...

Crap, I just found this cave and totally panicked and left immediately because of the transition screen - even though I had a lantern and plenty of food. I thought sure there was a Bear back there in the darkness. I was at almost 70% drain on endurance and so I didn't want to risk sleeping there. I saw a post somewhere if you sleep in a cave and a Bear spawns, it's insta-death. I'm at day 128 and want to get to at least day 200 before taking risks like that. I've slept in caves twice - only when caught in a storm and only in short 2 hour bursts just in case. The idea of "waking up" in the jaws of a Bear still scares the crap out of me. I did find a Rifle at the picnic area there though.

Crap, I just found this cave and totally panicked and left immediately because of the transition screen - even though I had a lantern and plenty of food. I thought sure there was a Bear back there in the darkness. I was at almost 70% drain on endurance and so I didn't want to risk sleeping there. I saw a post somewhere if you sleep in a cave and a Bear spawns, it's insta-death. I'm at day 128 and want to get to at least day 200 before taking risks like that. I've slept in caves twice - only when caught in a storm and only in short 2 hour bursts just in case. The idea of "waking up" in the jaws of a Bear still scares the crap out of me. I did find a Rifle at the picnic area there though.

I have slept in the cave a few times a never encountered a bear. Sleeping in a cave with bones littered about the entrance is a pretty risky move.

Archived