Living Off the Land and Harvester Achievements Not Working

MudFlap33

I wondered the same thing TarjaS! I told myself it must be, since there is a fishing hook on the achievement icon.

I also wondered if the meat you eat must be personally killed by you and not by a wolf.

I also wondered if drinking mushroom tea for medical reasons disqualifies your time (since they are not technically plants).

It is SUCH an unclear achievement to me and so very frustrating, I could almost cry with trying over and over (25 TLD days takes no small amount of real time).

I finally got my achievement (took me about 50 days as well, no idea what I did wrong - if anything at all), but I believe I can answer your questions.^^

- fishing and snaring rabbits is fine

- having deer killed by wolves and eating the deer meat also isn't a problem

- drinking mushroom tea doesn't disqualify you either

I've also told the devs that mushrooms and lichen aren't plants (because people might get confused because of the word choice of the happy harvester achievement), but the devs don't seem to consider the difference to be important.

Fortunately for humanity, real life plants and fungi do. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, anything harvested from plants and animals is okay, as long as it was harvested by you and not found.

Jeremy

Does this mean finding a cooked fish or meat in a freezer will reset the achievement? How about taking and then cooking meat from a from a "Ravaged Deer Carcass (Frozen)". If that's the case, no wonder I'm borked after 50 days of chasing this.

• 1 month later...

I was also having trouble with this achievement. I started working on it around day 50, and when I hit 80 figured I had screwed up somewhere. I continued on a pure meat diet to around 150 where I decided that it was just pure broken. Anyway, I had a lot of looted food that was about to expire, so I stared eating all looted food for a few days. When I had finished all the food that was lower than 50% (day 156), I switched back to my all meat diet. 25 days later (day 180) I received the achievement.

I suspect that somewhere in the game there is a place where a variable set to zero by eating looted food. Its possible that I never ate any looted food since the achievement was introduced and thus the variable was never initialized (set to zero). My advice for anyone who has passed day 25 (with a few days margin (unless you are keeping really careful track of things)) is to eat a piece of looted food, and try it again. My guess is that this will only be an issue for people who have a game that dates back to before the achievement was introduced.

• 3 weeks later...

In my current run I only eat meat from carcasses and plants. After 35 days, no achievement. Come here, read the posts, decided to eat a granola bar to "reset some invisible counter".

Now I'm at day 79. I only consumed one granola bar at day 35. Still don't get the achievement. :|

Currently this is approx. my 6th try to achieve "Living off the land", and this is my 6th 25 days without consuming any artificial or looted food. No coffe, no tea, no food from the fridge, etc.

Now I'm sad!

Guest mcopeman

Hey madrepityu! If you haven't already, try verifying your cache: Left click on the Long Dark, select Properties, click the tab "Local Files" and press "verify integrity of game Cache".

If that doesn't work could you post your debug log?

Melody~

Hey madrepityu! If you haven't already, try verifying your cache: Left click on the Long Dark, select Properties, click the tab "Local Files" and press "verify integrity of game Cache".

If that doesn't work could you post your debug log?

Melody~

Dear Melody!

Thanks for your reply! I tried the verifying method what you mentioned, but without any luck. It's like nothing happened. Steam has verified the files and I still don't got the achievement.

I'm attached my debug log.

Thanks!

output_log.txt

Boo I just started a new run yesterday on stalker and haven't consumed any calories but reishi tea, cat tail stalks, fish, deer, wolf and rabbit meat. I just hit 25 days a few minutes ago and no bueno.

I guess I'll keep pushing it and hopefully next patch it'll trigger for me soon after.

Thanks devs for communicating. Nothing drives me crazier than many people all describing the same issue on official forums and silence from the company. :?

I finally got mine at day 78 give or take a couple hours. So far as I remember, I hadn't consumed any "artificial" calories throughout that entire time. The day before I got the achievement I had my first (ever) bear attack (ugh..). I was able to stagger to the cabin closest to the entrance to Mystery Lake in Coastal Highway. I know it was said that this should be addressed in the next update, but I just wanted to make some additional info available in case it might be useful to refine the fix. I'm going to start eating all that stockpiled food but I have a backup of my save if needed.

Archived