4K (3840x2160) Laptops

Does anyone have a 4k laptop that they are happy with?  If so, what brand & model?

I'm in the market, but it seems I read lots of complaints about either: 1) overheating or, 2) fan loudness.  I do understand those 2 are somewhat necessary to push 4k but am looking for a happy middle-ground.

Means, 'I can't reply to this question myself, but I'm also very interested in the answer, so I am keenly eyeing this thread' or similar.

Sorry for confusion. I don't always know which shorthands from my social media bubble are widespread outside it!

1 hour ago, xanna said:

Means, 'I can't reply to this question myself, but I'm also very interested in the answer, so I am keenly eyeing this thread' or similar.

Sorry for confusion. I don't always know which shorthands from my social media bubble are widespread outside it!

👍

After quite a bit of research and reading reviews/watching videos, I've settled on QHD.  My conclusion is that the viewing difference between 4K and QHD on a 16-17" laptop monitor would be insignificant compared to the cost and other factors.

Here is the one I just purchased:  https://www.costco.com/MSI-Raider-GE68HX-16"-Laptop---13th-Gen-Intel-Core-i9-13950HX---GeForce-RTX-4070---QHD+-(2560-x-1600)---Windows-11.product.1773333.html

• Upvote 1

Looks very snazzy. I expect you're right about QHD on a screen that size.

I don't know what an 'anti-ghost' keyboard is, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, especially on Great Bear 👻🚫