Stumped....

Bloodskye

I cannot for the life of me find the memento and keys for Bleak Inlet and it's driving me nuts! Looking online isn't helping much either as no one has updated this info since before the March 2023 update, not even YouTube. I'm also getting mixed answers from the scraps I do find online saying that it's either in a car or may not exist randomly. Anyone find these yet and want to share the info? I don't even care about spoilers with this lol I've looked everywhere.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bloodskye said:

I cannot for the life of me find the memento and keys for Bleak Inlet and it's driving me nuts! Looking online isn't helping much either as no one has updated this info since before the March 2023 update, not even YouTube. I'm also getting mixed answers from the scraps I do find online saying that it's either in a car or may not exist randomly. Anyone find these yet and want to share the info? I don't even care about spoilers with this lol I've looked everywhere.

• 2 months later...

Update: They're back!!

I was leveling up gunsmithing and fishing in Bleak Inlet and I "fell" off the Cannery Pier trying to get off it quickly. I took some minor bruising and torn clothing so I scoured the nearby cars for leather. I got into a car and saw a glint of gold on the visor. It was a memento key and a note! So I figured I'd look for the other one on the higher part of the region and it was right in the truck visor. They were not there before and the visors were down so I know I checked previously. I'm so happy as a completionist. 

I'm not holding my breath on the Curator's Rifle suddenly spawning too but hey I'll take what I can get.

So yeah, for those that need the Intel, the Bleak Inlet memento notes and keys are spawning properly now for me so I hope they are for you too. Happy hunting!

Edited by Bloodskye
Misspelled a word
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I had this problem after the hotfix, too! And still do. I've got missing keys in Milton,  bleak inlet,  broken railroad, and possibly others. Leaving the region and reloading the game doesn't help. Thought to myself if I should just start a new run...would be a pity, though,  I'm pretty late into my current interloper run and all the necessary chores have been done 

6 hours ago, bysinda said:

I had this problem after the hotfix, too! And still do. I've got missing keys in Milton,  bleak inlet,  broken railroad, and possibly others. Leaving the region and reloading the game doesn't help. Thought to myself if I should just start a new run...would be a pity, though,  I'm pretty late into my current interloper run and all the necessary chores have been done 

The keys I found were the only remaining keys I knew of that I needed and they just popped up randomly so I'd check the known spots again. I also found a random note with some lore on it in the ML truck near the dam. I've been in that truck a million times and the visor checked as it has been flipped down since the initial inspection of the vehicle. I hope your run is successful.

4 hours ago, Bloodskye said:

The keys I found were the only remaining keys I knew of that I needed and they just popped up randomly so I'd check the known spots again. I also found a random note with some lore on it in the ML truck near the dam. I've been in that truck a million times and the visor checked as it has been flipped down since the initial inspection of the vehicle. I hope your run is successful.

Did the note appear in the opened visor? Or did it close?

The biggest issue is gonna be trying to remember where to check for the keys. Which ones did spawn and which ones didn't. I really don't wanna check every already-checked car and roam already looted area checking which boxes I did or didn't open, ugh 😅

Gonna put it off till I pick up the radio or the next update

20 hours ago, bysinda said:

Did the note appear in the opened visor? Or did it close?

The biggest issue is gonna be trying to remember where to check for the keys. Which ones did spawn and which ones didn't. I really don't wanna check every already-checked car and roam already looted area checking which boxes I did or didn't open, ugh 😅

Gonna put it off till I pick up the radio or the next update

They were visors I had already flipped down and they stayed down

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bysinda said:

@Leeanda

You recently were at HRV, right? Did you find mementos at both Mysterious Fire spawn spots? I'm missing the one next to a tree, is there another spawn spot for it? 

I didn't really search it that thoroughly . I did find a note I think but I don't know where it was,or the cache location..   

I found the recipe though . But no sign of the bow  but I probably missed quite a few nooks and crannies..  

I was in a rush to get in and out as soon as possible.  I hate the place..

• Upvote 1

@Leeanda damn, I'm sorry if I spoiled something again 

I never liked HRV either, was always too confusing and a bit boring, hard to navigate. But this time I actually enjoyed it! Precisely because I know it so badly I got a sense of novelty. Explored places I have never been to before, by this point, they are hard to come by. Also, there are so few predators, it was like a mini vacation 

I found the recipe too! Finally, with the ingredients I had in mind :D 

I play on Interloper so I don't get the bow ...I sometimes think that maybe I should start a new run on more forgiving difficulties so I can, too, enjoy new weapons and other stuff but the fear of not getting enough dopamine gets to me 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bysinda said:

@Leeanda damn, I'm sorry if I spoiled something again 

I never liked HRV either, was always too confusing and a bit boring, hard to navigate. But this time I actually enjoyed it! Precisely because I know it so badly I got a sense of novelty. Explored places I have never been to before, by this point, they are hard to come by. Also, there are so few predators, it was like a mini vacation 

I found the recipe too! Finally, with the ingredients I had in mind :D 

I play on Interloper so I don't get the bow ...I sometimes think that maybe I should start a new run on more forgiving difficulties so I can, too, enjoy new weapons and other stuff but the fear of not getting enough dopamine gets to me 😁

It's ok..  I don't mind spoilers,     that place is a nightmare,, confusing and claustrophobic...   But there was a lot more loot than I thought there would be,even for pilgrim..  

You could try a loper with more loot..   it'll still have lousy weather and everything trying to eat you😁

• Upvote 1

@Leeanda

HRV actually had unusually generous amount of loot for interloper too, this time

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You could try a loper with more loot..   it'll still have lousy weather and everything trying to eat you😁

I know I could alter the settings but it won't be Canon anymore 😅 life with a stick up ones (mine) behind is hard xD 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bysinda said:

@Leeanda

HRV actually had unusually generous amount of loot for interloper too, this time

I know I could alter the settings but it won't be Canon anymore 😅 life with a stick up ones (mine) behind is hard xD 

Lol...   You need them for fires😁

• Like 1

I used to hate HRV and kind of still do but now that I have the general layout in my head and I e mapped it, it's not as daunting to trek through. I'm actually on my way back there to scavenge whatever is left (which won't be much) and look for caches with the handheld radio. Thankfully the bunker can act as my temporary base. I don't know, once I'd been there a few times it just seems smaller. Same thing for TWM honestly. You play this game lon enough and the entire map of the regions just kind of stick in your head and you almost can see it through a drone in your mind.

• Upvote 2

That's what I don't get with hrv, one minute you can run around just fine, the next trip you get lost,stuck etc like you've never been there before.

I did the cartographer over three years ago and apart from the signal fire I don't know the names or locations of anywhere...   I've been back in there several times and each time it's felt different..   very odd...  

• Upvote 2