Need Help

Bloodskye

Anyone know if the prepper cache is still in Mystery Lake near the the train bridge up the hill? I e been all over that hill and I can't seem to find it. I've only found a random backpack. I'm trying to get the Exploration Game trophy and I think that's the last place I need. I found the one above David's Quiet Spot or whatever it's called, it was abandoned. Help?

The way prepper cache's work has change.

There's now 9 of them through the map, and they all spawn in the same fixed location every time you start up a save. However, out of the 9 of them, only 3 will have actual useful supplies, while the other 6 will basically have nothing in them.

There is a prepper cache in Mystery Lake, but it's not up in the location you described. If you want to know the location you can look it up, I won't spoil it here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LunarLime said:

The way prepper cache's work has change.

There's now 9 of them through the map, and they all spawn in the same fixed location every time you start up a save. However, out of the 9 of them, only 3 will have actual useful supplies, while the other 6 will basically have nothing in them.

There is a prepper cache in Mystery Lake, but it's not up in the location you described. If you want to know the location you can look it up, I won't spoil it here.

He said he found it already. 

@BloodskyeThere is only one in ML at a fixed location that does not change. No more random spots as of this version. There are 9 other regions with one prepper spawn also in a fixed location. Like @LunarLimesaid, if you want to know where they are you can look it up. 

Personally I liked that there were several random spots in ML and PV and then BRM for them to spawn. So even if you looked up the locations you still had to do some work to go find where it was. Often you had to go to the same spot a few times before finding it because it was wickedly hidden by the devs. Now there is no point to go to those places. I feel that is a shame. Maybe when devs change the spawn locations of stuff (not just the loot) we will need to explore again to find saplings and stuff instead of just go to the known locations.

I forgot to add that only 3 of the 9 caches have loot. Lots of loot. The other have nothing or next to nothing.

sorry @Bloodskye I repeated some stuff you already said. Didn't read it carefully enough.

Edited by Sito
forgot to mention loot
  • Upvote 2

@SitoThanks for that. Turns out there was a building in the fishing hut area I just weirdly didn't go into and got the Explorer Game trophy literally minutes after I posted this. Good to know I wasn't searching ML forever for nothing though lol.

11 hours ago, Sito said:

There is only one in ML at a fixed location that does not change. No more random spots as of this version. There are 9 other regions with one prepper spawn also in a fixed location.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 9 TOTAL prepper caches (not including static one in PV).  I have them all listed here.

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 9 TOTAL prepper caches (not including static one in PV).  I have them all listed here.

Yes, 9 total. 

The abandoned cache at the rope leading to Timberwolf Mountain isn't one of them. 

• Upvote 1