¿100% protection?

Glacia

Im being curious about what happens if you reach 100% protection, the wiki offers some info but im not sure if it works as intended.

Im currently building a 100% clothing, exactly 101% with the right items. Someone have tried struggles with max protection?

You are completely inmune to struggle damage or rashes/contusions still damages you?  Also it's likely you still can get bleedings, infections and clothing damage.

Even if the max protection just makes you inmune to struggle damage but not afflictions, it's still very noticeable. Offers a safe solution to complete the tales on Interloper.

Haven't tried max protection yet, but I've tried a very high protection build on my pacifist (can't kill anything) + no crafted clothing NOGOA run:

image.thumb.jpeg.d26c257a47790064a9fb4cab70385c6d.jpeg

I didn't try getting into a wolf struggle (because that's insane on a no regen run) but I did get a couple of nips from timberwolves in Blackrock. Received zero damage, actually.

IMO, the ballistic vest is only viable for full time wear on an old-world clothes only, no regen run. Because then you can actually afford its heavy weight and high sprint penalty, and the very high protection pays off when you have limited health points.

Once you have crafted clothing, it makes zero sense for the vest to be part of your kit because it's just too damn heavy and you can barely sprint, which very likely would cause you more harm than good.

If playing on vanilla Interloper, 40-ish protection is more than sufficient to tank wolf struggles, even aurora ones. You absolutely don't need a very high protection build to complete Signal Void if you know how to deal with aurora wolves.

Edited by gotmilkanot
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gotmilkanot said:

If playing on vanilla Interloper, 40-ish protection is more than sufficient to tank wolf struggles, even aurora ones. You absolutely don't need a very high protection build to complete Signal Void if you know how to deal with aurora wolves.

Indeed, the ballistic best it's the worst gear piece in the game, but have a certain niche on the tale.

The problem about signal void are actually, accidents. The low visibility, erratic behaviour of the wolves, and using the shortwave can lead you to a unexpected scenario, and with 40% protection you can go to 100 to 0 in a single attack from an aurora wolf (I losted a very old interloper run for that reason).

Of course a 100% protection build isn't very interesting for overall scenarios, but i think can work very well for specific tasks like the tale.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Glacia said:

Indeed, the ballistic best it's the worst gear piece in the game, but have a certain niche on the tale.

The problem about signal void are actually, accidents. The low visibility, erratic behaviour of the wolves, and using the shortwave can lead you to a unexpected scenario, and with 40% protection you can go to 100 to 0 in a single attack from an aurora wolf (I losted a very old interloper run for that reason).

Of course a 100% protection build isn't very interesting for overall scenarios, but i think can work very well for specific tasks like the tale.

100 to 0 in an aurora wolf struggle even with 40 protection? I find that hard to believe, actually. I've never been one-shotted by an aurora wolf even with much less protection (20-ish), though I've lost like 80-90 health in one struggle before. Your energy level and choice of weapon at the time of the struggle actually matters a lot in the outcome. Maybe you were close to exhausted and not using the hammer?

In any case, one could just do a 50-ish protection build with rabbit hat, moose cloak, rabbit gloves, deer pants, combat boots and crampons as outer slots, if they really want to play safe. Maybe do a moose+wolf combo for coats for the wolf scare chance. No need for the overkill 100 protection build, IMO.

7 hours ago, gotmilkanot said:

100 to 0 in an aurora wolf struggle even with 40 protection? I find that hard to believe, actually. I've never been one-shotted by an aurora wolf even with much less protection (20-ish), though I've lost like 80-90 health in one struggle before. Your energy level and choice of weapon at the time of the struggle actually matters a lot in the outcome. Maybe you were close to exhausted and not using the hammer?

In any case, one could just do a 50-ish protection build with rabbit hat, moose cloak, rabbit gloves, deer pants, combat boots and crampons as outer slots, if they really want to play safe. Maybe do a moose+wolf combo for coats for the wolf scare chance. No need for the overkill 100 protection build, IMO.

80% fatigue , almost full. And with 40% protection i got oneshoted using the hammer.

Maybe it's a bug and not an intended feature, but you can 100 to 0.

1 hour ago, Glacia said:

80% fatigue , almost full. And with 40% protection i got oneshoted using the hammer.

Maybe it's a bug and not an intended feature, but you can 100 to 0.

Interesting, that's something to take note, thanks.

100 protection seems tempting, but I'm attempting Signal Void on NOGOA so I would like to have a decent amount of sprint for emergencies lol.

I noticed we can still one-shot aurora wolves at low levels of Archery (L1-2) so as long as I've got the bow and arrow, I'm good. I'm also quite familiar with wolf spawn points so chances of me getting ambushed by one is almost zero, making the vest kind of pointless.

• Upvote 1