THE LONG DARK Updated to v2.16 (Xbox/PlayStation)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.16 (113628) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition) and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Xbox and PlayStation. Please note that WINTERMUTE’s version number has not changed. This update enables the Tale from TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY to be played on Interloper. Details on these changes can be found in our latest Dev Diary found here.

GENERAL

• [SURVIVAL] Enables TALES content in Interloper.
  • [SURVIVAL] Using the Handheld Shortwave Interloper players are now able to locate Trackable Hidden Caches, which will provide loot that is also balanced for Interloper.
  • [SURVIVAL] Players are now able to find the Handheld Shortwave at the Airfield’s Control Tower and start the Signal Void Tale, while playing in Interloper. 
  • TALES will be accessible via your existing save and do not need to start a new Survival save in order to get these changes
  • The bunkers discovered in Signal Void have been adjusted to provide less loot on Interloper
  • A few extra Transmitter repair supplies will be newly available in Interloper to ensure the initial repairs are possible (applies to both existing saves or new)

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks  @Admin

This won't reset what's already been done will it?  

I know I don't play loper but I don't want to have to start again on my pilgrim run if I update  the fix.

It shouldn't alter any progress you've already made, no. But thank you for checking!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, adventurehawkins said:

Is there an update on when we might expect the framerate cap being removed for PS5? I read that this would be incorporated at the end of the month so wasn't sure if the plan had changed. Great work as always Hinterland! Thank you!

We're still working on this (including running a few additional tests), but we should have an update in the near future. 

• Upvote 3

I noticed the game just disappeared from my Xbox PC app, it somehow got uninstalled. When I try to reinstall, I keep getting the error 0x80073cf3 when the download is finished. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm hoping it's related to the fix and will be solved soon..

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, PDTole said:

I noticed the game just disappeared from my Xbox PC app, it somehow got uninstalled. When I try to reinstall, I keep getting the error 0x80073cf3 when the download is finished. Anyone else with this problem?

I'm hoping it's related to the fix and will be solved soon..

Untitled.png

Were you playing on gamepass?  It got removed from that a couple weeks ago.  Otherwise maybe try deleting the folder and then re-download.

6 hours ago, rush247 said:

Were you playing on gamepass?  It got removed from that a couple weeks ago.  Otherwise maybe try deleting the folder and then re-download.

Yeah I have game pass but bought the full game last year, and played it last week. It disappeared just now, and the timing is bit coincidental with the Play Anywhere fix released.

The error apparently means that the game you're trying to install is already on your system, I have deleted the folder and redownloaded as you also suggested, but still get the error.. just wanted to know if I'm the only one.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:49 AM, PDTole said:

Yeah I have game pass but bought the full game last year, and played it last week. It disappeared just now, and the timing is bit coincidental with the Play Anywhere fix released.

The error apparently means that the game you're trying to install is already on your system, I have deleted the folder and redownloaded as you also suggested, but still get the error.. just wanted to know if I'm the only one.

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like this could be a license issue and may require some assistance from Xbox. We suggest reaching out to their support team, but if you experience continued difficulty, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for additional assistance. http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Admin unpinned this topic