Unhappy Camper

Bloodskye

I've had bears flat out disappear after I know I hit them and I've even found a few where I can only see a tiny portion of the carcass sticking out of a rock or the snow. I think they're going under the map somewhere and are able to clip through things that make them inaccessible. I've also encountered the "no clickbox" bug, too. Bear hunting hasn't been fun lately.

• Upvote 1

Recently shot the bear at PV Farmstead (again).  I was standing when I hit it so it wanted to comment on my shooting and I ran into the Farm house.  (Pilgrim) I followed the bear around and it finally died on the east fields of the Farmstead.  Quartered the carcass and had no trouble.  I attribute that, in part, to the east field being pretty flat. 

I did think that the blood and tracks did disappear rather quickly.  It was windy but not snowing.  At least the open terrain let me keep the bleeding bear in sight.  Though that bear can run a good distance if I spooked it (since I am in Pilgrim).  

Other than that time on Skeeter's Ridge where several quartering bags did not appear when I finished quartering that bear, I have not seen the bug but that does not mean someone else hasn't.  

Good luck.

• Upvote 1