THE LONG DARK Updated to v2.15 (PC/Mac)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.15 (113209) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition) and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam and Epic Games Store. The update is currently scheduled for Xbox and Playstation during the week of April 24. Please note that WINTERMUTE’s version number has not changed. This hotfix addresses TALES items not spawning in Interloper mode, including the Handheld Shortwave. Details on these changes can be found in our latest Dev Diary found here.

GENERAL

• [SURVIVAL] Enables TALES content in Interloper.
  • [SURVIVAL] Using the Handheld Shortwave Interloper players are now able to locate Trackable Hidden Caches, which will provide loot that is also balanced for Interloper.
  • [SURVIVAL] Players are now able to find the Handheld Shortwave at the Airfield’s Control Tower and start the Signal Void Tale, while playing in Interloper. 
    • TALES will be accessible via your existing save and do not need to start a new Survival save in order to get these changes
    • The bunkers discovered in Signal Void have been adjusted to provide less loot on Interloper
    • A few extra Transmitter repair supplies will be newly available in Interloper to ensure the initial repairs are possible (applies to both existing saves or new)

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

• Upvote 7
  • Like 6

Thanks, but now all the transmitters I had previously repaired are reset to broken except for the one at the airfield.  Now it looks like I have to cheat in order to complete the tale. 😫

EDIT:  For the record I'm playing on Stalker.  Also it seems this doesn't affect Tales progress.

Edited by rush247
Additional information

5 hours ago, rush247 said:

now all the transmitters I had previously repaired are reset to broken except for the one at the airfield. 

This happened to the Forlorn tower on my custom save. The ones I repaired at Black Rock and Desolation Point are still fine. I lost one out of three. Weird.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlueMaxW said:

This happened to the Forlorn tower on my custom save. The ones I repaired at Black Rock and Desolation Point are still fine. I lost one out of three. Weird.

Strange everyone I've seen talk about this has a different story, for me it was the Valley and Muskeg that got re-broken.  Another guy on Steam says Milton and the airfield stayed fixed. 

Seeing as I can't complete the tales anyway, I've only done two towers besides FA. .I chose not to update though because I'd still like to check out the two areas I can do,being pv and bleak.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BlueMaxW said:

Happened to my Stalker run as well. Already completed the Tale, so had 4 towers repaired (Airfield, Muskeg, PV and Milton) but now only the ones in Airfield and Muskeg show up as repaired.

• Upvote 1

• Admin changed the title to THE LONG DARK Updated to v2.15 (PC/Mac)

For me it's FM at least. Lights on, parts broken. Bunker in BI shows up on map, though. On Mac/Pilgrim. Had all but one transmitter repaired.

Hey Hinterland:
a) please fix this. THIS will be a Hotfix. v2.15 was merely a feature patch for something that wasn't broken. 
b) until then: are there enough resources to repair all transmitters twice (applies to all modes, except interloper)?
c) please do a thorough testing of upcoming features. This issue was easily avoidable.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Arcx said:
On 4/21/2023 at 12:11 AM, BlueMaxW said:

Happened to my Stalker run as well. Already completed the Tale, so had 4 towers repaired (Airfield, Muskeg, PV and Milton) but now only the ones in Airfield and Muskeg show up as repaired.

I was mistaken on my initial report about my custom save. I lost 2 transmitters. I lost FM and PV. BR and DP are still fine. I haven't been to transmitters on FA or MT yet, I was just fixing the other transmitters so I could go after all the stuff in one big mission. I hope this is just the "on" switch flipping back. Big annoying unfun pain if I have to lug more car batteries around and scrounge more wires and fuses.

• Upvote 1

I noticed the two transmitters I lost were the first two I fixed. So... has a mechanic been added that transmitters die over time and we have retroactively lost them? That makes sense on Interloper, I guess. But I play a very chill custom setting. Did that Interloper adjustment bleed into the rest of the settings?

15 hours ago, BlueMaxW said:

I noticed the two transmitters I lost were the first two I fixed. So... has a mechanic been added that transmitters die over time and we have retroactively lost them? That makes sense on Interloper, I guess. But I play a very chill custom setting. Did that Interloper adjustment bleed into the rest of the settings?

It was definitely a bug and not supposed to happen at all, Hinterland is in the process of fixing it.

https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/13754630088852-PC

I lost two transmitters -- PV and FM. Was pretty annoying as I spent several Aurora nights hopeless wandering around the cache locations, getting no signals, just wolf bite marks on my body.

Second bug that plagues my game are missing memento hints that should be in cars when you flip a visor. They are all gone.

• Admin unpinned this topic