NEW! The Long Dark Sandbox Update #35 to v.212 Now Live!

Ryan CM

i have a problem with the new time view ... it told me, that it's still 10 hours left dark and so i slept 10 hours. after waking up in the morning, there's the problem, that the timing information is missing. now it says:

"ABOUT ??? HOURS DAYLIGHT LEFT"

after sleeping some more hours, the information was available again.

anyway, thanks for the great update.

i have a problem with the new time view ... it told me, that it's still 10 hours left dark and so i slept 10 hours. after waking up in the morning, there's the problem, that the timing information is missing. now it says:

"ABOUT ??? HOURS DAYLIGHT LEFT"

after sleeping some more hours, the information was available again.

anyway, thanks for the great update.

If it is a blizzard or foggy, the time will be listed as ???

"Properly simulate corpse decimation due to feeding when in unloaded scene."

Can you expand on how this is intended to work because as it currently plays it feels off.

As it plays right now I a beast is killed (rabbit via snare, wolf gun/ bleeding to death, etc) and as soon as the thing gets to frozen it is unharvestable(sp?)? Should I be able to 'reheat/unfreeze' it via fire to continue harvesting?

What about when I have beast corpus and move into a "new zone" (house, car) to drop off weight. Then moments later return to the original zone I was at should the corpus still be there? Is it based on when I start harvesting because that would make bear harvesting almost impossible?

tl;dr

can we harvest something once it's been frozen?

can we unfreeze a thing to harvest from it?

do corpus disappear one you enter a new 'map/zone'?

Corpses should stay as long as meat is still on them. You can unfreeze corpses by having a fire near them to make harvesting faster. You need tools to harvest a frozen corpse.

As for "Properly simulate corpse decimation due to feeding when in unloaded scene." this refers to a wolf eating from a corpse say a deer, and you go into a house for an hour or 2 and then come out, there should be a proper amount taken from the carcass that the wolf was munching on.

Before if a wolf was eating a deer and there was say 5 kg of meat on it and you went inside for 2 hours and came out the wolf might be gone, but there'd be like 4.9kg of meat on the deer still. What should happen now is the wolf should take a good portion of that if left to munch on it.

Jeremy

So the other day i pulled all the meat off a dear and then went inside to drop if off. Then came back to get the leather and guts and it was gone poof would this be as a result of the 'predation'?

Would leaving some of the meat on the dear give the dear a longer 'duration'? I'm not disagreeing with the idea that predators would take take chunks out of the corpus but give us a but of time to finish up dressing the critter be for it poofs imoho.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this I really like the game.

Also if users find out by trial and error that leaving meat on coups increases how long they can harvest say the guts and skin of a bear then they will find that calculation eventual.

Thanks for the great updates and patches...

I was but two days ago remarking to a coworker, that it made no sense that in order to repair my wolf coat, I had to introduce a completely new resource (leather). The next day, I had to take it all back. How did they know my complaint before I complained about it?

But now I have a small complaint. There is an economics issue repairing the wolf coat... One has to acquire two wolf pelts to repair the garment... I cannot kill enough wolves to stop the damage that they do to the coat. One gets 25% repair for two pelts, but I could make a whole coat (100%) with four pelts and a little time. I'm sure that it would be easier to get pelts if the rifle would suddenly present itself, but in 21 days it has not surfaced... and I think the bunker's hatch is buried in the snow...multiple lives played, never found... Love the game anyway!

Maybe someone mentioned this at some point...but now the wolves seem pretty intent on their kills... I walk right up to them...but I can't engage them hand to hand until they engage me... just wondering if that is on the agenda?

Well...I'm gonna have to get used to these new wolves. I was over 200 days into my game prior to this update, and started afresh to check out the new material and have yet to make it past 15 days. I've been attacked by more wolves in each of my >15 day runs this week than I probably was in my entire 200 day prior game. I can't comment on most of the changes in this update yet, but so far I CAN say that I really like the new clock/time idea and all the updated UI.

Archived