NEW! The Long Dark Sandbox Update #35 to v.212 Now Live!

Ryan CM

Hello,

We're happy to share the 35th update to The Long Dark's Sandbox, bringing the game version to v.212. Changelist below.

*** We have confirmed that save games from the previous version should work fine with this update.

CHANGELIST FOR THE LONG DARK SANDBOX UPDATE #35 to v.212

MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS

* Expanded "transition zones" between Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway, and Coastal Highway and Pleasant Valley.

* Updated Wolf stalking behaviours, animation, and vocalizations to improve player's ability to gauge intentions and specific location. This should make Wolves easier to avoid.

* Modified audible "cone" to help highlight wildlife vocalizations and increase the player's ability to extract usable gameplay information from the audio environment.

* (VOYAGEUR ONLY) Hostile Wildlife now only spawns between 18-36 hours after game start.

* Expanded Cave and Radio Tower Hut interiors.

* Added 9 new Achievements.

* Updated Crafting, Firestarting, Feed Fire, Foraging, and Container UIs to match the revised style and improved functionality.

* General content optimizations in Pleasant Valley to improve performance.

* (EXPERIMENTAL) Removed precise clock; all game times now expressed in terms of hours of daylight or remaining night.

* Modified wildlife spawn times. It is now possible to temporarily depopulate an area of wildlife if they are hunted/harvested too aggressively. This also applies to Wolves.

MINOR IMPROVEMENTS

* Added short progress bar to plant Harvesting.

* Rebalanced Food Poisoning to re-introduce it as a credible risk.

* Rebalanced fire heat radius and fuel type efficiency to make outdoor fires more useful.

* Rebalanced Cooked Fish to retain more of Raw Fish's Caloric value.

* Improved performance of Save system.

* Feeding wildlife will no longer attack non-aggressive targets.

* Updated sound effects for various inventory items.

* New ambient music for Pleasant Valley.

* Added new Bear "smelling" and "standing" animations.

* Improved Wolf "turning" animations, to remove sidestepping.

* Wildlife will only attack you when sleeping if wildlife is spawned and in the area.

* Properly simulate corpse decimation due to feeding when in unloaded scene.

* Rabbit Pelt is now used to repair Rabbitskin Mitts (instead of Leather).

* Wolfskin Pelt is now used to repair the Wolfskin Coat (instead of Leather).

* Wolves and Bears will stop attacking when the player falls through the ice.

* Added Truck and Tractor assets.

* Resized several items that were too large relative to game camera.

BUGS FIXED

* Fixed wildlife respawning issues that could cause permanent depopulation in an area.

* Fixed issues with corpses disappearing on steep slopes after loading a save game.

* Fixed issues with corpses sometimes standing or floating.

* Fixed issue with player health being reset to 100% if loading a save after a Bear attack.

* Fixed exploit of getting full fatigue benefit from a partial cup of coffee.

* Fixed bug that caused the rifle to sometimes unequip after loading a game.

* Fixed issue with Wolves investigating the location of dropped food after the player picked it back up.

* Fixed UI getting cut off at low aspect ratios.

* Fixed collision issue on bridge in Pleasant Valley that could cause fatal falls.

* Fixed issue where mouse cursor would centre itself after using food/drink/first aid from Inventory.

* Fixed buried stove near Trailers in Mystery Lake.

* Fixed some localization/text errors.

### END OF CHANGELIST ###

http://steamcommunity.com/games/305620/ ... 3004900919

Love the new UI and the new mines - thanks for a great new update. :) Keep up the fine work!

There is a GLITCH however ...on Jack rabbit Island- I stocked the fridge with food, lots of it = and now there's nothing inside. I'm actually getting a visual of an empty interior.

can you please post your debug log so we can check out what is happening?

Thanks!

* (EXPERIMENTAL) Removed precise clock; all game times now expressed in terms of hours of daylight or remaining night.

Just logged in and when loading a previous saved game I noticed that I still had a 24h clock in use.

Started a new sandbox, for that previous saved game had only couple of days on it, so no big deal.

This new sandbox had precise clock removed and said "Less than one hour of darkness left". Now it works ;)

* (VOYAGEUR ONLY) Hostile Wildlife now only spawns between 18-36 hours after game start.

Only once, when starting a new game (new sandbox), or even when loading/starting a saved game?

Hello!

Hey Ryan,

I was thinking, now that you have removed the precise clock, I was wondering if it would not be a good idea to replace it with a dynamic hourglass! So that time is shown by the sand running from one compartment to the other, when sleeping, foraging or crafting...

That would be a small but neat UI element. In line with the game philosophy I think.

Just an idea...

Cheers!!

Dave.

Hey everyone, I have a problem where I cant get from Coastal Highway to Pleasant Valley. I go up the road by the abandon tower like everyone says, but to the right there is an abandon mineshaft and not a tunnel to the Valley. Any ideas? is there a different random access point or something?

Hey everyone, I have a problem where I cant get from Coastal Highway to Pleasant Valley. I go up the road by the abandon tower like everyone says, but to the right there is an abandon mineshaft and not a tunnel to the Valley. Any ideas? is there a different random access point or something?

If you are standing next to the abandoned tower (with your back to it) then enter the street, turn left, follow the street and than turn right. The entrance looks like this.

Hope it helps.

Archived