Skills and Specialized Items

XemnasO01X

We all know that skills are essential to survival in the long dark, from cooking to shooting, we get better as time goes on. Now full disclosure, I have never made it to skill level 4 or higher mostly because I play for a while, leave, and when I come back to the game, I restart. But recently I've been on the mindset of really surviving as long as possible and noticed that skill progression can be very quick meaning that you can get to a point where skills are maxed out before long. While good for long-term survival, which is half the game, sometimes having to work to that High tier would be good. Books help too, making the grind easier but making the progression of said skills slower might add a challenge to the more hardcore players (graduated to only playing on Stalker difficulty either full stop or as a base). So that in mind, what About specialized gear? The memento boxes are fairly useless in some areas but what if they contained Specialized gear (I.E. Hunter's Knife, Woodmen's Hatchet, Seamstress Set, Fishing Reel, etc.) That Becomes usable once you get to rank 3 where the base gear goes from giving say 2.5% to 1% to make them feasible (Guns too, the named firearms were made to fit the hand of a professional or the owner. So, in the hands of a novice, using them as a normal firearm, no problem, is a little shortsighted.) SO TL: DR Make the progression of SKILLS slower (you can turn it down with a slider from normal to minimal) and Add SPECIALIZED GEAR to give the players something to really strive for in those memento boxes.