// EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FOR TRANSMITTER REPAIR //

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: 3 REPLACEMENT FUSES, 1 CAR BATTERY, 
2 WIRES, 5 SCRAP METAL,

CONFIRMED TRANSMITTER SITES: MILTON RADIO TOWER, FORSAKEN AIRFIELD ATC TOWER, FORLORN MUSKEG RADIO TOWER, ECHO ONE RADIO TOWER, MYSTERY LAKE RADIO TOWER,

RELEVANT TRANSMITTER SITES: MOUNTAIN TOWN, FORLORN MUSKEG, MYSTERY LAKE

SUPPLEMENTARY TRANSMITTER SITES: BLEAK INLET, HUSHED RIVER VALLEY, PLEASANT VALLEY

6/7 RADIO TOWERS CONFIRMED

LOCATIONS FOR TRANSMITTER PARTS APPEAR TO BE INDUSTRIAL SITES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ORCA GAS STATION, CARTER HYDRO DAM, PLUS LARGE AMOUNT AT MAIN HANGAR,

UPDATES TO FOLLOW

END TRANSMISSION

Edited by JackTrysGames
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

FIRST BUNKER LOCATED: BUNKER ALPHA, BLEAK INLET

TOWERS MAY COVER ADDITIONAL AREAS AS WELL AS THEIR OWN- PLAN ACCORDINGLY

BLEAK INLET BUNKER OPENED USING FORLORN MUSKEG TOWER- NOT ADVISED, FORLORN MUSKEG TOWER SITUATED POORLY

PULLED CAR BATTERY FROM BROKEN RAILROAD- REGRETTABLE DECISION

FORLORN MUSKEG TOWER COVERAGE: FORLORN MUSKEG, BROKEN RAILROAD, BLEAK INLET,

UPDATES TO FOLLOW

END TRANSMISSION

Edited by JackTrysGames
  • Upvote 1

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

THIRD BUNKER LOCATED: BUNKER GAMMA, HUSHED RIVER VALLEY

BEGINNING APPROACH TO PLEASANT VALLEY- BUNKER BETA LOCATION UNKNOWN

MOUNTAIN TOWN TOWER COVERAGE: MOUNTAIN TOWN, HUSHED RIVER VALLEY,

NOTHING OF NOTE WITHIN BUNKER GAMMA OR ALPHA

STARTING TO REGRET TAKING THIS MISSION

UPDATES TO FOLLOW

END TRANSMISSION

Edited by JackTrysGames
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Please use spoiler tag.

You clicked on the thread. Also this pretty light on the spoilers. So, far he's only said stuff that the note that starts the tale tells you.

Now if he had told you that the

Paracel corporation has been engineering a deadly virus on Great Bear with funds from members of Who, the global healing association, or G.A.S.S for short. The only cure to which is of course in Astrid's hard case.

Then he might need a spoiler tag.

Edited by RegentRelic

On 3/31/2023 at 5:55 PM, RegentRelic said:
  Hide contents

Paracel corporation has been engineering a deadly virus on Great Bear with funds from members of Who, the global healing association, or G.A.S.S for short. The only cure to which is of course in Astrid's hard case.

Hide contents

I find that hard to believe. None of the bunkers have any sort of serious equipment that any Appalachian Boog Boi wannabe wouldn't be able to get. A die press, some cheap radio equipment, a recruitment center...

Plus it'd be incredibly unlike Hinterland to go that route. I've seen it done over and over and over again. Plus, where does Astrid even plan to bring it if that's what's actually going on?

There's nowhere she could bring it. The lights don't work anymore, and neither does her precious lab equipment.

Begin transmission... Oh, to hell with the radio protocol.

Game bugged out around Bunker Alpha and I didn't even notice. I'm done.

Two days worth of work down the drain.

I'm not doubling back that far (especially considering the radio transmitter in the bunker itself is kaput now that I opened it) and I'm not gonna walk around in the dark for another eight hours because I missed a note hidden under a bookshelf or something.

Nothing of use or note in Bunker Beta, either- it's in Pleasant Valley if you're going to follow in my footsteps and do this properly.

There was no transmitter in Mystery Lake. I fell back on the one in Pleasant Valley, which covers both regions.

Don't expect any further updates.

End transmission.

Edited by JackTrysGames

Since this seems relevant to the topic... not sure why I can't find ANYTHING (well, except car batteries and scrap metal, that is) in PV to fix the transmitter. Starting to think it's an overlook on HL's part, as fuses and wires showed up fairly randomly in other regions, one would always end up stumbling on some...

16 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Since this seems relevant to the topic... not sure why I can't find ANYTHING (well, except car batteries and scrap metal, that is) in PV to fix the transmitter. Starting to think it's an overlook on HL's part, as fuses and wires showed up fairly randomly in other regions, one would always end up stumbling on some...

You're supposed to bring fuses and wires with you. There's just tons everywhere. I got to PV only needing a battery...and there was one at PV.

But inside along with the battery for me were at least two fuses and 1 wire (which I didn't need) since I came fully stocked. It seems like the loot in places like Signal Hill is quite random.

@JackTrysGames don't give up on it. I missed one of the two story items in the B.I. Bunker...and finally realized it after the P.V. Bunker. I want back and got it and am about to finish Signal Void. The story that is revealed is totally worth it.

12 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

You will likely find them in PV, but they are scattered.  Try to think of places where it would make sense to have those items...garages, shops, maybe stores.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said I couldn't find any in PV. Not just near the transmitter, but in the region as a whole. Checked the Farmstead, the Outbuildings, Thompson's Crossing, the abandoned bunker, the plane crash... nothing. Tempted to check in the connecting mine to CH at this point.

1 hour ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said I couldn't find any in PV. Not just near the transmitter, but in the region as a whole. Checked the Farmstead, the Outbuildings, Thompson's Crossing, the abandoned bunker, the plane crash... nothing. Tempted to check in the connecting mine to CH at this point.

Just so you know there is a Prepper Hatch in PV just like there was. Could be full or empty...but there were certainly some fuses and wires in my fully stocked bunkers.

5 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Just so you know there is a Prepper Hatch in PV just like there was. Could be full or empty...but there were certainly some fuses and wires in my fully stocked bunkers.

Thanks! I got the gear from Quonset in the end. My PV prepper hatch was empty (my ML was full, these are amazing indeed!). I did find the technical balaclava in a supply cache though!

Now back to FA...

7 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

That's odd, I found plenty in each region where needed.  I suppose it's RNG bad luck?  Try Quonset.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:47 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

I'm in the same spot, I am missing one wire and can't find one in all places that one would expect some (Signal Hill, Farmstead, Thompsons, Outbuildings). Even worse, in the whole of Carter Hydro Dam of all "technical" places there was not a single wire or fuse. I had quite some fun so far but this is quite the bummer, now I have to go all the way to CH in hopes that Quonset will have some wires, who designed the DLC like that and why?