Are the Tales available for existing Sandboxes?

So, i read that the new Bunkers will only be in new Sandboxes created after todays Patch. But what about the Tales (and the special items about them)? Anyone played them already on existing sandboxes, and are those special items available on Interloper as well? Or is it like the item variants?

And i dont really expect the Technical Balaclava on Interloper, but i found a normal one in the aurora mine, so... :D

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Nina Pants said:

i wanna know about the tales too cause i really dont wanna have to start a new run just to play the new tale. i have a run going for almost 100 days so it would be nice if i didnt have to restart.

Yeah, im on Day 507 Interloper here so i really dont want to restart again just for the tales. Im gonna create a gunloper just to check the bunkers but everything else i would prefer to play with my main character

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

Yes the tales are available on old runs, but not on interloper. Also, where did you see that the bunkers won't spawn on old runs.

Not sure if it was a Twitter Post or the Steam announcement post weeks ago, but i've read there that bunkers will appear only in new sandboxes. I didnt care much about them at first, since there have been no prepper caches before in interloper, but i was expecting to play the Tales. 

You already found a bunker on interloper (with full loot?)

I also have a somewhat fresh sandbox that I don't want to abandon, but I also want to see the new prepper caches, and am torn if I should restart or not. Making his way from Hushed River Valley toward the new content now. 

If someone can confirm or deny if caches are spawning or not that'd be great, but I suspect that they will only spawn in new sandboxes. 

Cant speak for new buildings etc since i have almost exclusively played my new gunloper for the previous days, but i'd love having new buildings in my interloper save. That would be another reason to explore the entire world again :P  they added acorns in old maps as well, my interloper has some around camp office and i spotted alot of those around the cargos near the mountainers hut in TWM on my gunloper. more coffee for a coffee addict :P

• Upvote 1

I did a bit of searching on FA on my Interloper now. I found some cables and a fuse, but no Transmitter, so that "cache" things are probably disabled too. I was very surprised to find a Aviators hut in the Tower, i didnt expect that, especially because FA is fully looted. But that probably means that the new bunkers except the tale-bunkers are not hidden underground, right?