playing with mods is so much better than playing without

piddy3825

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I wanna know why a multi-talented survivor can repair transmitters, forge blades, reload spent casings, and so on but can't re-hang the door at Bricklayer's Retreat.

Right? Can't we forge nails? Already got a massive hammer or use the back of the hatchet. Actually, don't the pallets have nails in them?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Sito said:

Right? Can't we forge nails? Already got a massive hammer or use the back of the hatchet. Actually, don't the pallets have nails in them?

Actually the DIY mod which lets you craft furniture and stuff does add this. Smashing down anything that grants reclaimed wood also grants Nails, and you can also also forge your own Nails with scrap metal.

Although if we're talking strictly Vanilla, the only thing in the game today that would reliably let you extract intact Nails from anything would be Simple Tools or Quality Tools. Neither the Heavy Hammer nor Hatchet have a claw hook, but one could presume a pair of pliers exists in any kind of Tools.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sito said:

you should get the mod  DIY by Santana v2.2
it's a restored mod that's back up on Xpazeman that allows the character to recover nails from pallets which then can be used to fashion furniture like tables, chairs and many items.  It really does allow your character to use those creative woodworking skills to build nice comfortable accommodations that really can make your gameplay more immersive.  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:49 AM, Serenity said:

It's not going to be. That mod has been rolled into Better Bases. And that won't be fully updated until Hinterland rolls out its base customization features

It's still being worked on AFAIK.

I doubt HL will release a much advanced base customization feature. It is possible their official feature may be proved inferior to Better Bases.

Edited by thekillergreece

5 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

It's still being worked on AFAIK.

I doubt HL will release a much advanced base customization feature. It is possible their official feature may be proved inferior to Better Bases.

I'd have to agree with you there.  I'm sure that what ever improvements that are made to "Base Customization," I fear it will be a minor improvement that when compared to what the modding community's content will provide.

10 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I'd have to agree with you there.  I'm sure that what ever improvements that are made to "Base Customization," I fear it will be a minor improvement that when compared to what the modding community's content will provide.

I'm gonna carry the torch in HL's favor. Massive respect to the modding community, they've done an outstanding job that they never even got paid for (sans our donations). I think HL's not gonna turn a blind eye to the incredible amount of work that's already been done. Wouldn't make sense to.

52 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I'm gonna carry the torch in HL's favor. Massive respect to the modding community, they've done an outstanding job that they never even got paid for (sans our donations). I think HL's not gonna turn a blind eye to the incredible amount of work that's already been done. Wouldn't make sense to.

Honestly, I hope to be completely surprised by what Hinterland delivers.  I'm hoping that they take inspiration from the fine work put forth by the modding community and really deliver the goods, 'cause like you said, "wouldn't make sense" for them not to.  We shall see...

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Upvote 1