playing with mods is so much better than playing without

piddy3825

Welcome to Drift Island Cabin life with mods!

1.thumb.png.02034712c13e5228cfc0c4255aefa800.png

Considering the weather is always questionable, I like to keep lanterns lighted and my patio illuminated.  Extra longer lasting lantern lighting performance 
enhanced by Kerosene Lamp Tweaks v2.3 by Xpazeman

2.thumb.png.3ecc9c7a0d33c56f3f30e9193aea742c.png

my back patio meat storage locker

3.thumb.png.e06a0be05164be29f0f4d94ac7d37830.png

Frozen foods processing station, best cut up using a hacksaw.  hacksaw placement made possible by using Placing Anywhere v2.6 by Xpazeman

4.thumb.png.66a68ffcefdadbec619ff8c4f003f7f8.png

Did you hear that growl off in the distance?  Ready to defend myself vigorously using the bear spear!  Notice the gloved hands?  Bear spear enabled via in game
assets using DeveloperConsole v1.5.0 by FINDarkside, zeobviouslyfakeacc, and ds5678 
Gloved hands via the mod Personality v0.5.1 by Waltz

5.thumb.png.6ee0970e32feb2b9b24301ce8c5397af.png

nice little kitchen area, have I mentioned that Place Anywhere is one of my favorite mods ever?  Well it is!  How else you gonna hang a rope from a coat hook?

6.thumb.png.3736d09510115b4209feba08ce703d70.png

There's just something about being able to put items on a top shelf.  And when it comes to stacking things, much thanks to 
Better Stacking v5.0.0 by ds5678 a work previously introduced by WulfMarius

7.thumb.png.739b25d0542216581128f52e2113ce52.png

That's a fine kettle of fish, oops, bucket of fish...  So what do you think about my new hand cranked battery charger?  Bolt cutters, another relic from days gone by 
accessible via the dev console.

8.thumb.png.acabb1118a40c4a9e55d272f7131b1a2.png

Does anyone remember when the only way you could hang a hide on the wall was to use the "Cure in Place glitch?"  I gotta say the curing in place glitch was one 
of the main reasons why I stayed with playing the game before mods became available.  Shout out to @ajb1978 for his initial discovery so many years ago!

9.thumb.png.cfa174a9a66ced4f058d66a33562de42.png

hands down if there is only one mod I could have, I'd be getting Place Anywhere...

10.thumb.png.480ab9e0d104875c5e83e6a37e233cdb.png

It will be interesting to see what improvements are gonna be made to base building and the item handling mechanics.  Til then, I'm so very grateful to
the fabulous group of modders in the TLD community.  If it weren't for them, I'd probably wouldn't be playing this game as much as I do!  Thanks guys!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 3

I'm waiting for March 30 update before trying Melonloader. If it works I like to play with AmbientLights and PlaceAnywhere. There is a broken mod for changing custom settings that I would like too, since I borked my wolf detection setting in custom. They detect me from too far away right now.

49 minutes ago, bascolais said:

and there are many mods to try :), most of them are customizable so we can have the game we enjoy to play, according our own taste.

I also use many of them, but unfortunately some of them you can't screenshot.  which ones do you use?

so, here the list, I'm on gog version so the v2.02:

AlcoholMod, AmbientLights, ArcheryTargetPractice, Better-Fuel-Management, Binoculars, BlanketMod, BleakBridge, Candlelight, CanneryManufacturing, ChooseStartingGear, ContainerTweaks, DiyBySantana, Fire-Pack, EnableFeatProgressInCustomMode, FoodsByCalorieWaltz, Food-Pack, ForgeBlueprintsMod, Free-Look-In-Cars, HouseBasements, HowToSurviveBook, MooseSatchelMod, MoreWorkbenches, MovableContainers, NorthfolkClothingPack, PlacingAnywhere, RemoveClutter, SmallFixToScenes, SnowShelterDecay, TimberwolvesAnywhere, UseableMeatMod, WeightTweaks, WolfskinScarf, WoodenStatuettes, WorkshopBullets.

and all dependencies of course. I've try the fox mod, which is very good but I play with a gamepad and I'm not good with... my hands 😜.

I play exclusively custom mod today (I bought it in 2017 or 2018), with customized mods too :) , few bears & wolves, but more hurting, harsh & variable weather, max aurora, few item outside, medium inside,  it is more on survival thing than hack & slash with timberwolves :). it's more on exploration & making some bases evreywhere.

the best feature of this game is clearly the possibility of customization.

Edited by bascolais
adding
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Plenty mods have been updated by now, hopefully ya'll enjoy them!

But, I gotta ask; is that building "Mindful Cabin"? If so, it looks different from what is right now, is it modded or?

Drift Island, in case you missed it.  And no, the cabin itself is unmodded.  

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Does it knock you across the room if it collides with you? Just wondering if that might push the player out of bounds in some places.

Full swing doors?  not that I've experienced. the swing speed is adjustable however, although the default opening speed is pretty fast and seemingly could sweep you aside but then I haven't necessarily stood that close as to be in the way.  I'll try it and let you know.

I'm waiting for remove clutter to get fixed. Can't stand those dirty bases once I start camping out in them.

Lantern mod is nice for making a partially lit base with a nice homey feel.

Infinite Fire is good for TWM hut to give it a welcoming glow.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Serenity said:

It's not going to be. That mod has been rolled into Better Bases. And that won't be fully updated until Hinterland rolls out its base customization features

yeah, I can see why they would want to wait, but damn...

...another 4-6 months before I can get the paper scraps off my floors...

22 hours ago, Serenity said:

It's not going to be. That mod has been rolled into Better Bases. And that won't be fully updated until Hinterland rolls out its base customization features

oh mannnn! :(

Dear Hinterland. Make base customization top priority! I gotta clean up ML Camp Office. Can't stand it.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sito said:

oh mannnn! :(

Dear Hinterland. Make base customization top priority! I gotta clean up ML Camp Office. Can't stand it.

I wanna know why a multi-talented survivor can repair transmitters, forge blades, reload spent casings, and so on but can't re-hang the door at Bricklayer's Retreat.

• Upvote 5