THE LONG DARK Exit from Game Pass & Console Discount Plans

Admin

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Now it's available separately.😁

What I'm seeing now (12:56 MDT) is that Tales from the Far Territory is available for $25.99 CAD, but nothing indicates that Signal Void is included with this (which is what I thought should happen based on their earlier announcements).  The Description of it says explicitly "Tales from the Far Territory is the first paid expansion pass for The Long Dark's Survival Mode..."  I' would assume then that another payment will be required to get Signal Void??  What are you seeing on your end of the world since it seems everything is happening more quickly for you?

Edited by UpUpAway95

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

What I'm seeing now (12:56 MDT) is that Tales from the Far Territory is available for $25.99 CAD, but nothing indicates that Signal Void is included with this (which is what I thought should happen based on their earlier announcements).  The Description of it says explicitly "Tales from the Far Territory is the first paid expansion pass for The Long Dark's Survival Mode..."  I' would assume then that another payment will be required to get Signal Void??  What are you seeing on your end of the world since it seems everything is happening more quickly for you?

I didn't get chance to read it earlier I'm afraid and I won't be playing it until the morning so I can't tell you yet.  Sorry.  I imagine someone will be able to tell you sooner though. 

Just now, Leeanda said:

I didn't get chance to read it earlier I'm afraid and I won't be playing it until the morning so I can't tell you yet.  Sorry.  I imagine someone will be able to tell you sooner though. 

Thanks anyways.  The free update is going to be downloading for the next 7 to 8 hours for me, so I guess there's no point in me even considering buying the DLC anyways until tomorrow.  Maybe by then the product descriptions will be more clear... or maybe it is just best to keep waiting until the end of April when the mentioned discounts might appear.  I think there should have been a much simple way for Hinterlands to handle this whole thing that would have allowed it to release on all platforms at the same time and with much clearer pricing scenarios overall... e.g. just 4 independent DLCs released separately over the year, perhaps(?).

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Thanks anyways.  The free update is going to be downloading for the next 7 to 8 hours for me, so I guess there's no point in me even considering buying the DLC anyways until tomorrow.  Maybe by then the product descriptions will be more clear... or maybe it is just best to keep waiting until the end of April when the mentioned discounts might appear.  I think there should have been a much simple way for Hinterlands to handle this whole thing that would have allowed it to release on all platforms at the same time and with much clearer pricing scenarios overall... e.g. just 4 independent DLCs released separately over the year, perhaps(?).

7 hours??   I hope not!!  

It is all rather confusing and a bit messy .   I thought that the dlcs would've been spread out like that ,it certainly would make more sense and save a lot of problems. 

I hope you can get some time to play it tonight and have some fun doing so🙂

Looking at the time, I might be able to start posting tonight! I just got out of school, but now have to travel for about 4 hours to get where I need to go, that leaves it at 7 o clock for me (eastern time US) so if I can tonight, I will download the dlc and get my Xbox set up and then mabye, just mabye I will be able to play…🤫

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

7 hours??   I hope not!!  

It is all rather confusing and a bit messy .   I thought that the dlcs would've been spread out like that ,it certainly would make more sense and save a lot of problems. 

I hope you can get some time to play it tonight and have some fun doing so🙂

I'm reading the estimated download time right off the Xbox queue screen.  It's usually pretty accurate.  Yes, rural internet sucks big time, but nothing I can do about that.  I'm just thankful it is downloading...  yesterday, my internet was down for most of the day due to some issue my service provider was having.  It's one reason I get so frustrated when games plan for sequential updates like this.  If I buy the DLC now, I might be lucky to be playing it by the end of April.  If I wait, part 3 will probably be available before I can start playing (joking... I think).

ETA:  ... and that's only if none of my other games decide to throw in a big update in the next few days as well.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I'm reading the estimated download time right off the Xbox queue screen.  It's usually pretty accurate.  Yes, rural internet sucks big time, but nothing I can do about that.  I'm just thankful it is downloading...  yesterday, my internet was down for most of the day due to some issue my service provider was having.  It's one reason I get so frustrated when games plan for sequential updates like this.  If I buy the DLC now, I might be lucky to be playing it by the end of April.  If I wait, part 3 will probably be available before I can start playing (joking... I think).

ETA:  ... and that's only if none of my other games decide to throw in a big update in the next few days as well.

That does suck!! It took mine about 40 minutes for all of it..  at least tftft is a very short one,at least compared to the usual updates.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:01 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

Thank you for reaching out. 

SIGNAL VOID is part of TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY. When we initially announced the Expansion Pass, we indicated that it will be comprised of regular updates over the course of a 12-month campaign. While we have not yet announced all future Parts, both Part One: FORSAKEN AIRFIELD and Part Two: SIGNAL VOID have been released as part of the Expansion Pass. We hope this helps! 

Nintendo Switch Players

We do not currently have a firm launch date to communicate for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Nintendo Switch. We will do our best to communicate firm dates and discounting plans once we confirm these with our partners at Nintendo. Look for more Switch info towards mid-April.

image.jpeg.a0af0e1d86d4b21ce446bc0e3854a21c.jpeg

ok                                      well

• Like 2

• Admin unpinned this topic