THE LONG DARK Exit from Game Pass & Console Discount Plans

Admin

Ar3b8AIA.thumb.png.1af75c44698a8b8fb1861c1fdc397d12.png

Hello Survivors,

We have some important news for our console players.

THE LONG DARK exiting Game Pass

We’ve been informed that THE LONG DARK will be exiting Xbox Game Pass on April 16th, 2023.

This means that if you have no intention of purchasing THE LONG DARK on exit, or purchasing it in the future, you should not buy the TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY DLC, as you will lose the ability to play it unless you have THE LONG DARK in your library.

If you are a current owner of THE LONG DARK, or you plan to purchase THE LONG DARK after it exits Game Pass, you may safely purchase TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY.

Please keep in mind that you are under no obligation to purchase the DLC, and your ownership of THE LONG DARK still entitles you to receive Episode Five when it launches, as well as the Free “base game” updates that coincide with our TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY releases. 

The important info here is that anyone currently playing THE LONG DARK on Game Pass who does not purchase THE LONG DARK once it leaves Game Pass, will not be able to play Episode Five, or play the TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY Expansion DLC.

Please only purchase TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY if you plan to continue playing and owning THE LONG DARK into the future.

Keep in mind that all current saves and Achievements obtained while the game was on Game Pass should be retained if you choose to purchase THE LONG DARK upon Game Pass exit, or into the future. Those saves and Achievements are attached to your Profile on the platform.

Console Discounts

We originally planned to have launch discounts set up for the console platforms, but unfortunately due to pushing the TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY launch out to March 30th, we’re now unable to offer those discounts at launch. They will come later, depending on the platform.

We are waiting for confirmation that Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have the opportunity to purchase TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY at a discount when it launches on March 30th. Either way, there will be opportunities to purchase TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY at a discount post-launch.

Besides that, we can confirm the following discount intentions. We will continue to update you on discounting plans as we’re able to firm them up with our platform partners.

• Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have the opportunity to purchase THE LONG DARK at a discount when it exits Game Pass on April 16th.
  • Current Xbox owners of THE LONG DARK will be able to purchase TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY at a discount some time later in April.
  • PlayStation owners of THE LONG DARK, or PlayStation+ subscribers who have THE LONG DARK in their library, will be able to purchase TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY at a discount some time after April 30th.

We will continue to update you on our discounting plans, including dates and discount %s wherever we are able, so that anyone wanting to purchase the game while on sale will be able to do so.

Nintendo Switch Players

We do not currently have a firm launch date to communicate for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Nintendo Switch. We will do our best to communicate firm dates and discounting plans once we confirm these with our partners at Nintendo. Look for more Switch info towards mid-April.

TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Launching on Xbox & PlayStation on March 30th

As a reminder to our Xbox and PlayStation players, we’re launching the first paid DLC expansion to THE LONG DARK’s Survival Mode, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, on March 30th. For more information on what is included in Parts One & Two, please refer to this Developer Diary, and stay tuned for the update video to be released in the next few days.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions about any of the discounting plans, please feel free to contact us at info@hinterland.com, post your questions on our Official Forums, or send us your questions on Twitter

- The Hinterland Team

• Admin pinned and featured this topic

Sorry ignore that.  It's in my library . 

Yay!!🙂

I will happily  pay the full price as it's the best game ever and you guys deserve it for all you've given us over the years!  Thank you🙂

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

Hi All,
I am on Xbox, and have TLD on gamepass, so in order for me to play TLD and the new DLC on March 30 i have to buy it all for a full price? But if i wait till the end of April, there is a discount?
If i buy TLD today i still get the storymode with it, but i dont play storymode, so can i buy on March 30th only the survival mode with the DLC?
Any idea about the prices? 
I am so confused lol

• Upvote 1

That was how I read it too. I buckled and bought the game on Steam, but I've mostly played on Game Pass, and I'd prefer to return to the platform. It is handy to both be able to play on the telly and the pc. In addition, I've lost two runs in the steam cloud out of nowhere, so not sure I trust it with a 1000 day run.

In the end, I'll just buy it. For the hours and hours of entertainment I've gotten out of it, it is well worth it for me.

edit: It sounds like Survival mode will come out later, but we'll know soon enough on the 30th.

Edited by Jotunheim

11 hours ago, Mia Matsumo said:

Hi All,
I am on Xbox, and have TLD on gamepass, so in order for me to play TLD and the new DLC on March 30 i have to buy it all for a full price? But if i wait till the end of April, there is a discount?
If i buy TLD today i still get the storymode with it, but i dont play storymode, so can i buy on March 30th only the survival mode with the DLC?
Any idea about the prices? 
I am so confused lol

Thank you for reaching out. We completely understand your confusion.

We can't confirm prices at this time as we haven't yet confirmed the discount %, but basically, you'll get a better deal if you wait to purchase THE LONG DARK until after it goes on sale at a steeper discount. You are absolutely welcome to purchase it beforehand to access the content sooner, it just depends on what you would prefer. 

On 3/28/2023 at 9:12 AM, Admin said:
  • Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have the opportunity to purchase THE LONG DARK at a discount when it exits Game Pass on April 16th.

Correct me if I'm wrong but usually this is not the case. You are offered a discount while a title is in Game Pass to buy it, but once it exits the discount is gone.

30 minutes ago, Pyroxene said:

I searched for "The Long Dark" on Playstation Store and the DLC appeared in the search. So I bought it for about 200 kr (=about 20 dollars), and now I have installed it! So now it is available in Europe!

Good for you Pyroxene! @Renn@ManicManiac@Chaos Theory@hozz1235@Jotunheim@chrislacruz@Leeanda Anyone else got luck with the dlc?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Ok - not to be a downer… but whilst I’ve downloaded the add on… the actual game itself is unchanged, no new content and old save games valid, I suspect the actual update to the game itself, rather than the add on is not yet out 😞 maybe @Admincan confirm this,  but I’ve had no actual update to the main game after downloading the add on 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Hello everyone.

I meant to buy Survival Edition + TFTFT today, but apparently the main game isn't split yet... Could anyone please tell me when I can download Survival Edition?

I live in Greece and I have the option to download TFTFT. I was also hoping for a PS5 version... is that not going to happen? 

Thanks.